NBC Sports Edge Forums

Yoenis Cespedes 2018 Outlook

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You're a Mets fan. When you're unsure who to blame, why would you ever give benefit of that doubt to the franchise? Looking at recent history, when have they shown smart decision making? When has the

Usually I’d dismiss a player saying things like that.  But Yoenis Cespedes looking up symptoms on internet>>>Mets medical staff.

Oh look, another Mets player with a more severe injury than the medical staff and management are aware of. Good job, NY. 

Posted Images

Just now, Picard56 said:

Cespedes himself said that

Usually I’d dismiss a player saying things like that.  But Yoenis Cespedes looking up symptoms on internet>>>Mets medical staff.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
6 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

This injury has me a little concerned. Even if the MRI comes back clean it seems like he might(and should) take some time off to just let the thumb heal.

Just now, Picard56 said:

This injury has me a little concerned. Even if the MRI comes back clean it seems like he might(and should) take some time off to just let the thumb heal.

Depending on severity you could be right.  He’s a free swinger, doesn’t see many pitches or draw many walks so contact ability which has been struggling big time is his asset.  And if that’s interrupted it could lead to some pretty ugly results.  Hopefully nothing serious.  

Just now, TrueToTheBlue said:

Now that we know it’s a quad and not a hip injury, how much time do you think he misses if any?

I am actually more concerned now that it is a quad and not a hip. I think I need to sit him this week ( weekly lineup) unless we find out he is going to play tonight. 

• tonycpsu changed the title to Yoenis Cespedes 2018 Outlook

Yoenis Cespedes - OF - Mets

Yoenis Cespedes (quad) is in Monday's lineup against the Reds.

Cespedes was out doing some stretches on the field Monday at Great American Ball Park and apparently the training staff was encouraged enough to give him the green light. The Mets' slugger was forced to exit Sunday's game after the first inning due to a right quad injury. While he's cleared to play, the Mets figure to watch him very carefully.

Source: Tim Healey on Twitter

May 7 - 3:21 PM