NBC Sports Edge Forums

Yoenis Cespedes 2018 Outlook

11 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

Question for people that watch Mets games, how does he look running?

In short - not good.  I’m listening to the game on the radio and the announcers can’t believe the team didn’t pull him out of the game after struggling to run to first.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You're a Mets fan. When you're unsure who to blame, why would you ever give benefit of that doubt to the franchise? Looking at recent history, when have they shown smart decision making? When has the

Usually I’d dismiss a player saying things like that.  But Yoenis Cespedes looking up symptoms on internet>>>Mets medical staff.

Oh look, another Mets player with a more severe injury than the medical staff and management are aware of. Good job, NY. 

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

Question for people that watch Mets games, how does he look running?

For the most part he's been running hard and looks fine. FWIW, this year when he's come out of the game due to quad or hip or whatever they're calling it, it didn't show on the basepaths. In previous seasons it was obvious to everyone except for the Mets when he was having issues. 

Here's a peculiar update..

Mets says he has a mild hip flexor strain and he's available to pinch hit tonight...

Mets beat reporter Ed Coleman says Cespedes had an MRI done this morning and it shows he has a mild quad strain. Coleman  also says that if he avoids the DL that he won't be back until Friday.

Cespedes had called it a quad issue but he hasn't spoken to the media about the injury in days. 

Who are we to believe? 

5 minutes ago, Fantasy Baseball Geek said:

Here's a peculiar update..

Mets says he has a mild hip flexor strain and he's available to pinch hit tonight...

Mets beat reporter Ed Coleman says Cespedes had an MRI done this morning and it shows he has a mild quad strain. Coleman  also says that if he avoids the DL that he won't be back until Friday.

Cespedes had called it a quad issue but he hasn't spoken to the media about the injury in days. 

Who are we to believe? 

Believe the beat reporter.  Don’t believe anything Mets release with injuries.  Once he comes back I’m moving him ASAP after a little healthy stretch.  Writing is on wall.  This guy is going to blow up his hip/quad/calf/hammy/groin etc any minute.  

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Lol getting comical at this point.  According to update on cbs Alderson said there’s still no timetable for return.  Yadier Molina’s testicle blew up and he literally will make it back sooner than Yoenis from his MINOR HIP FLEXOR.  When he gets back I’m taking 3 days off work to spend my entire waking breath getting him off my team.  Hopefully he doesn’t get hurt again in that span.  Love his power but he doesn’t ever heal.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Cmilne23 said:

Lol getting comical at this point.  According to update on cbs Alderson said there’s still no timetable for return.  Yadier Molina’s testicle blew up and he literally will make it back sooner than Yoenis from his MINOR HIP FLEXOR.  When he gets back I’m taking 3 days off work to spend my entire waking breath getting him off my team.  Hopefully he doesn’t get hurt again in that span.  Love his power but he doesn’t ever heal.

Don't believe anything that Alderson says. Cespedes has been taking batting practice and has been running since last Friday. Unless something has happened(nothing has been reported), he should be back soon. 

Trading him seems to be the way to go once he's healthy. I can't remember the reporters name, he was on a local radio station last week. But he seemed to imply that Cespedes is not in any rush to get back. He seems to think that Cespedes likes this little break he's been on. I don't know how true this is but he did travel with the team recently, so I don't know if this guy has an ax to grind. 

Weird times in Panic City...

Wasn’t he suppose to start a rehab this weekend?  

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/mets/ny-sports-injuries-mets-botte-20180601-story.html%3foutputType=amp

Go figure that a minor hip flexor with this guy turns into some major dramatic scene where the whole organization seemingly takes shots at him.  

“It’s been big. We count on his offense. We paid him a lot of money to come out there and produce and we don’t have him right now, so it’s been tough, especially when we’re facing lefties,” Callaway said when asked about Cespedes before Friday’s game against the Cubs.

You don't hear an MLB manager reference a  guy's salary very often

There’s literally zero updates on him for the last week.  Did he have a setback?  Are him and team in some pissing match?  Last weekend it was he started a running program and would be going on rehab this weekend.  Only thing heard of since is how big of a loser he is and how overpaid he is by Mets executives.

1 hour ago, Cmilne23 said:

There’s literally zero updates on him for the last week.  Did he have a setback?  Are him and team in some pissing match?  Last weekend it was he started a running program and would be going on rehab this weekend.  Only thing heard of since is how big of a loser he is and how overpaid he is by Mets executives.

A running program for a baseball player is jogging the warning track once.

Tuesday’s simulated game, which featured Yoenis Cespedes taking live at-bats for the first time since going on the DL retroactive to May 14 with a strained right hip flexor. Cespedes had a ground-ball single, a couple of flyouts and also fouled a ball off his foot.

foul ball off foot.  How many more weeks you think that adds to his DL stint?

12 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

Tuesday’s simulated game, which featured Yoenis Cespedes taking live at-bats for the first time since going on the DL retroactive to May 14 with a strained right hip flexor. Cespedes had a ground-ball single, a couple of flyouts and also fouled a ball off his foot.

foul ball off foot.  How many more weeks you think that adds to his DL stint?

Weeks??? Start with months...