NBC Sports Edge Forums

Chris Davis 2018 Outlook

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't think people really understand how bad Chris Davis is with all these alternate "worst ever" deals being cited.   A guy like Mauer might not have lived up to the expectations of his c

I'm sorry, but a $26M deal, or whatever it was, just isn't one of the worst in history.  It just isn't.

A high value contract that pays out decent in the front half and is a disaster in the back half is kinda the norm. IMO it should be the expectation.    The ARod contract I actually think sho

1 hour ago, jb_power said:

shooting for the single season K record.  I'm betting he gets he ... providing health of course!

He wont, but only because there is no shot he leads off against lefties 

How deep of a league do you have to be in to still be holding onto this guy? Hasn't been striking out until tonight (4 Ks tonight. 5 on the season), but he's miserable. Batting leadoff and hasn't contributed a single stat.

I own him still. Clearly my decision making isn't as good as it used to be. Running to the FA pool now to grab someone who can actually contribute a counting stat. 

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Bill Blazejowski said:

This guy is in my lineup for one more week. Show me something, anything.

On 4/5/2018 at 8:45 PM, Deke said:

Not sure why he's still on my team, but I'm giving him until the end of this series in NY. If he doesn't put one over the short porch he's dead to me.

I really don't get it.  How is Crush Davis still owned in 45% of Yahoo leagues?  The only thing he crushes nowadays is your fantasy team's batting average. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just saw where Chris Davis is on pace to basically have the worst season, essentially ever.  -1.8 fWAR already and a wRC+ of 26.

Not that he's on ANYONE'S fantasy roster anymore, but what the heck happened to this dude?

On 5/24/2018 at 1:11 AM, rhg1084 said:

I just watched that video lol why is Davis looking in the dugout as the pitch is coming in? I've never seen that before 

A. Visualizing where he belongs

B. Some broad with big jugs in the front row

C. Teammate stealing some of his Groundball Grape

D. The mascot nearby was staring