NBC Sports Edge Forums

Paul Goldschmidt 2018 Outlook

midlip

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's fine.  He's hitting to all fields and going oppo taco more than ever.  Soft contact a little high but getting killed by the BABIP monster at .176.  

Also he's being pitched around and clearly misses JDMart.

16 hours ago, STLSU said:

He's fine.  He's hitting to all fields and going oppo taco more than ever.  Soft contact a little high but getting killed by the BABIP monster at .176.  

Also he's being pitched around and clearly misses JDMart.

So basically being humidoh'd?

nervous syracuse basketball GIF by NCAA March Madness

3 hours ago, Damn Yankee said:

Someone's warming up....me likey!  

That was a bomb KrunK!  

I'm a dbacks fan too so it was a win win haha. Was watching the game on my phone and had to keep myself from shouting and waking up my GF. 108mph off the bat, he crushed it.

He’s attempted 6 steals since the all star break last year, none of which have come this season. Might be time to sell in keepers. He’s still awesome and doesn’t get enough recognition and respect as one of the better hitters in the game but if he isn’t running it really kills his value.

• 2 weeks later...

Been kind of a weird April for him.  Hasnt hit a HR at home yet.   The 4 HR he does have came in a 4-5 game stretch, but none outside of that.  He's been hitting for average ok since the slow start, but he isnt filling any of the run production categories much.  0 hr/1 rbi the last 2 weeks.  Strange.

Yeah he looks awful.  His last AB was the most non competitive AB you'll ever see.  3 pitches, 3 whiffs and the last one was a slider way off the plate that he took a half hearted swing at.

No HR's at home this year.  On pace for 200+ K's.  Other then that one road trip thru SF and LA a few weeks ago, he hasnt looked right this season.

8 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

Lol

How long do we take this LOL approach until we get worried? This is my first round draft pick. He is currently ranked 191st in Yahoo categories a month into the season. I am extremely skeptical he will return 1st round value at this point. Can we not all admit he was a bad (end of the round) 1st round draft pick?

Archived