Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Josh Donaldson 2018 Outlook


XxxOilOverloadxxX
Message added by tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2018-11-05. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

If his calf is bothering him so much how did he get a steal. I didn't see it so I suppose it could have been part of a double steal or some kind of favorable call where he got it on a technicality, but a steal comes as a pretty big surprise to me considering the doom and gloom in here.

 

1 minute ago, Skrappy1 said:

I'm not worried about the calf.  I'm worried about the shoulder.  If you saw the game, you'd understand.

 

Josh Donaldson's arm weakness leaves Blue Jays fans, media buzzing

 

Josh Donaldson ain't right, and it's obvious

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FWIW, Gibbons tried to downplay it in the postgame. Said Donaldson told him "he just had a bit of a dead arm," and that they "didn't think it was a big deal." 

 

Still not buying it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, disasterisk said:

 

tell me more about this general soreness.

 

Do you really want me to? So his calves are fine, now it seems like his shoulder is messed up. Would you like a cookie now?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

 

Do you really want me to? So his calves are fine, now it seems like his shoulder is messed up. Would you like a cookie now?

 

Really? I could've sworn on Tuesday that when I wrote he was still hurt that I was quickly dismissed because he saw reps during spring training. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, disasterisk said:

 

Really? I could've sworn on Tuesday that when I wrote he was still hurt that I was quickly dismissed because he saw reps during spring training. 

 

Once again, do you want a cookie?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

So legitimate question, can a guy with a busted right shoulder still be able to hit??

 

Yes, and I suspect it bothers him far less on swings due to his style.  But what do you do with him?  Perma-DH?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BMcP said:

 

Yes, and I suspect it bothers him far less on swings due to his style.  But what do you do with him?  Perma-DH?

 

He is their best hitter, so you would think they just DH until whatever problem he has goes away, if it does.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, verycoolnin said:

Watching those throws, my lord!  

Were they that bad? I wasn't able to watch the game but I did listen to a bit on the NYY radio - both Sterling and Waldman commented on his dead duck throws but I didn't really think much of it until I popped open his thread just now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DidiFan said:

Were they that bad? I wasn't able to watch the game but I did listen to a bit on the NYY radio - both Sterling and Waldman commented on his dead duck throws but I didn't really think much of it until I popped open his thread just now. 

Oh yeah, it was bad.  He was bouncing routine throws to first.  Zero arm strength. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, verycoolnin said:

Oh yeah, it was bad.  He was bouncing routine throws to first.  

Woah- that really is bad. Have to wonder how much of a leash they give him at 3rd. Weird. Was there any news about shoulder/arm or throwing issues during the spring ? Or did I just completely miss it? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DidiFan said:

Woah- that really is bad. Have to wonder how much of a leash they give him at 3rd. Weird. Was there any news about shoulder/arm or throwing issues during the spring ? Or did I just completely miss it? 


I don't remember hearing anything but he was taking lots of rest days it seemed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So, he had 24 post ASB home runs just last summer...  That's pretty boss.  Could full-time DHing be the elegant solution his owners need?  Anyone got any medical notions on this?  Does his looming free agency complicate things?

 

(or maybe give it more than one game before declaring him toast)

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Turkey Burgers said:

So, he had 24 post ASB home runs just last summer...  That's pretty boss.  Could full-time DHing be the elegant solution his owners need?  Anyone got any medical notions on this?  Does his looming free agency complicate things?

 

(or maybe give it more than one game before declaring him toast)

 

They kinda need the DH spot available for Kendrys. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...