NBC Sports Edge Forums

Keep 4!? Cant decide?

Well first obvious question is: Can’t  you trade one? Either for a draft pick OR pull off a two-for-one (Blackmon & Freeman for Altuve...or something). 

Assuming you can’t, I think I’d lean toward the 2nd group (Blackmon over Freeman). Even with his age, he’s in Coors and his value is higher now.

I like Freeman more than Blackmon, but with Arenado/Bryant/Correa, I can see an argument for keeping an OF1 rather than a 3rd corner infielder.

End of the day though, Blackmon is a bit older and probably just had his career year. I could see Freddie going absolutely nuts this year with like a .320 average 30 dongs and tons of RBI with Inciarte/Albies/Acuna running around. 

Gimme Freeman!

4 minutes ago, Edguy said:

I like Arenado/Correa/Blackmon with the tough decision being between Freeman and Bryant.     I'd give the edge to Freeman slightly.

I’m sorry, but there’s just no way to justify this opinion. 

Bryant is 2 years younger and is better than him in everything but AVG, & even that is close. Both of their 162 game averages—

Bryant (26)- .288/113/33/97/10

Freeman (28)- .290/93/26/93/4

20 hours ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Well first obvious question is: Can’t  you trade one? Either for a draft pick OR pull off a two-for-one (Blackmon & Freeman for Altuve...or something). 

Assuming you can’t, I think I’d lean toward the 2nd group (Blackmon over Freeman). Even with his age, he’s in Coors and his value is higher now.

My thoughts exactly on both the trade and follow up if cant make a trade