NBC Sports Edge Forums

help with projecting first pick

In a 12 team, 5 player keep forever roto league with OBP.  I have the 10th overall pick and trying to get insight on who you guys think would be available and are best fits for my team.  My keepers are hoskins, kluber, benintendi, cruz, and murphy.

Top names predicted to be available once keepers are finalized:

Hitters - Gordon, Encarnacion, Pham, Schoop, Marte, Andrus, Buxton, Posey, Merrifield, D. Santana

Starters - Severino, Verlander, Carrasco, Grienke, Martinez, Darvish, Nola

Relievers - All

Based on previous years, I'd expect 4 starters, 2-3 relievers, and the rest position players to go in 1st round with an emphasis on outfielders based on the other teams' keepers.

Who's your best guess at first nine to go and / or what 2-3 players do you think I should be targeting?  

Long I know, but appreciate the help and WHIR.

At 6 round value, I would think all of those pitchers will becoming off the board.  Pitching wise, you may have a chance at Verlander or Grienke given their age.  Hitting wise, you would think E5 and the power hitting second Schoop could be off the board.  Buxton, Marte, or Gordon should be there for the picking.

Keep forever roto I'd probably take some risk and go with Buxton if he's there.  I like balance and if he truly breaks out, you're going to be kicking yourself.  At worst, he gives you a 15/30 type season.  Sounds like Marte might be his floor this season.  The top available pitcher wouldn't be a bad idea either.

The 4 arms especially still with room to rise in a keep forever league - will go pretty quick I would think, the vets like ZG and JV tend to be undervalued because of the keep forever aspect.  Santan and Bux probably gone for similar reasons.  Gordon probably goes because someone wants those bags, Schoop as a top flight available 2B.  So thats 8 gone, so your probably looking at maybe E5, Marte, Posey and the two veteran arms being there when you pick at 10.  

On 2/23/2018 at 7:31 AM, shotput3000 said:

My keepers are hoskins, kluber, benintendi, cruz, and murphy.

Top names predicted to be available once keepers are finalized:

Hitters - Gordon, Encarnacion, Pham, Schoop, Marte, Andrus, Buxton, Posey, Merrifield, D. Santana

Starters - Severino, Verlander, Carrasco, Grienke, Martinez, Darvish, Nola

Relievers - All

I would rank the first nine taken with maybe a few positions switched based on team need Carrasco, Severino, Verlander Encarnacion Martinez Gordon Pham Greinke Buxton

I would look for another reliable vet maybe even Greinke with the humidor is a chance worth taking that he has one more Cy young year in him, your hitting is good either dee Gordon or encarnacion or marte maybe

Edited by BayofPuigs