NBC Sports Edge Forums

I'm having a hard time deciding whether to keep 28 or 30 and who the final keepers should be. 

It's a 12 team Roto Dynasty league with OPS and K/9 added to the standard 5x5. 1650 innings limit. I am the defending champ and in "win now" mode.

Here is my current roster with the 28 I'm leaning towards keeping right now in bold. Would you change any of the 28? Would you keep 30 and skip the 2 round draft since I'll have the last pick of both rounds (Pick 12 and 24 out of 24 total picks)? I'm starting to think I want to keep Piscotty and Calhoun and just not draft.

C J. T. Realmuto
1B Edwin Encarnacion
2B Daniel Murphy
3B Evan Longoria
SS Elvis Andrus
LF Andrew Benintendi
CF Charlie Blackmon
RF J. D. Martinez
OF Manuel Margot
UTIL Matt Olson
BN Javier Baez
BN Marwin Gonzalez
BN Carlos Gonzalez
BN Matt Kemp
BN Stephen Piscotty
BN Willie Calhoun
BN Clint Frazier
BN Kyle Tucker

SP Chris Sale
SP Stephen Strasburg
SP Justin Verlander
SP Dallas Keuchel
SP Jon Lester
RP Wade Davis
RP Ken Giles
P Felipe Rivero
P Andrew Miller
P Chris Devenski
BN David Robertson
BN Shane Greene
BN Rich Hill
BN Luis Castillo
BN Garrett Richards
BN Jake Faria
BN Juan Nicassio
BN Chance Adams

Would you change any of the 28? Would you keep 30 and skip the 2 round draft since I'll have the last pick of both rounds (Pick 12 and 24 out of 24 total picks)? I'm starting to think I want to keep Piscotty and Calhoun and just not draft.

Leave a link to your question and I'll gladly help in return.

6 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Thanks for mine. 

I think I keep Calhoun & Frazier. I’m not sure how much Piscotty helps so while Frazier doesn’t either, he’s the type of player you could trade mid year for an upgrade at any position, if necessary. 

I have a history of giving up on prospects if they aren't great right away. I ended up cutting Judge last year as my 29th player and certainly have regretted it. I was worried I was giving up on Frazier too soon too but NY is just so crowded in the OF I didn't know how he would find enough playing time. I'm also a huge A's fan so I might be biased to Piscotti.

51 minutes ago, Philly Phanatik said:

I would keep Calhoun and Frazier depending on his health...or depending who might be in the draft just keep Calhoun and then draft someone.

Thanks for helping with mine!

If I keep Calhoun my only pick would be the very last pick of the draft in round 30. 359 players would have been picked already so that's why I'm leaning towards keeping Piscotti or Frazier because I would probably be looking at a #20-30 prospect or low upside player ranked in the late 200's / early 300's.

Calhoun for sure, then I’d lean Frazier over Piscotty. He’s still got the upside of a top 100 dynasty player, and there’s no reason to be discouraged after only 100 and change at bats even with his health and the crowded OF in my opinion. Bad ballpark and weaker lineup in Oakland scares me for Stephen, in addition to his regression last season(or is that who he truly is, and 2016 was the outlier?)

• Thanks 1

Calhoun to me (and many above) is a no-brainer. Fangraphs has him pegged for 28 HR 79 R 91 RBI and .277 BA. I wonder what you'd be drafting at that point. I would also keep Greene.

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, HOOTIE said:

Why Devenski over Greene?

With my league settings and K/9 as a category Devenski finished as the #63 overall player. I also own Giles so it's security. My biggest competition in the league always has a high K/9 and the league always comes down to 1 or 2 roto points. I feel like I can be a hawk on the waver wire and find a better saves source than Greene.