Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Joe Mixon 2018 Outlook


smeeze

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

Idk how to communicate the fact that Gio will not be a significant threat to Mixon's volume this year. It's like it's something that I just know or feel to be true but no words or logic can describe why. 

 

I felt this post on a very personal level

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

 

And we knew Hill was going to be a significant sap on his upside. 

 

No such road blocks this year. 

Plus Marvin Lewis penchant for holding rookies back.   For better or worse.   

 

The breakout is happening, don’t be the guy who gets hung up on ADP and passes on him.  In a month you won’t care where u picked him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jj66 said:

 

I've been burned by RBs on bad teams (Spiller, Gerhart, Langford and Crowell) enough over the years. I told myself mid way through last season after Crowell disappointed to NOT touch a RB on a bad team in the top 5 rounds. 

 

Sounds like you’ve just been burned by bad RB’s. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FreakFries said:

 

 

This is is why I think I will end up passing in Mixon unless the draft shakes out in a way that I have to take him. This very much reminds me of the Crowell situation last year where I was seriously considering him in the 3rd in standard about this time last year until someone pointed out “Do you seriously want to rely on the Cleveland Browns?” Thankfully, that tipped the scales for me. 

 

Similar situations here, do I really want to rely on a coaching staff with a pretty ordinary track record, a not-as-crappy as last-year O line and pay for the upside of a guy who hasn’t done it before?  I don’t think I can do it.

The one flaw in this logic is that Mixon is 10x more talented than Crowell. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sasnumberonefan said:

The one flaw in this logic is that Mixon is 10x more talented than Crowell. 

 

I’m betting that’s true but I also remember saying how talented J Hill was after his rookie season. When he was with the Bengals. 

 

Theres I like about him but there is also a lot around Mixon that makes me nervous. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This years Todd Gurley.  Not saying he's going to post those kind of numbers, but here's a guy that's immensely talented and seems to have everything working right around him for him to bust out to RB1 status this year.  Wouldn't surprise me at all to see this guy average 100 all purpose yard per game and break double digit TD's this season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TommyKramer said:

This years Todd Gurley.  Not saying he's going to post those kind of numbers, but here's a guy that's immensely talented and seems to have everything working right around him for him to bust out to RB1 status this year.  Wouldn't surprise me at all to see this guy average 100 all purpose yard per game and break double digit TD's this season. 

 

Whoa this years Gurley?  I like him but rb3 to me.  Could break out.  But get him cheap.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dylanfan66 said:

 

Whoa this years Gurley?  I like him but rb3 to me.  Could break out.  But get him cheap.  

RB3?!?!?  So then you're talking about 20 RBs being taken over him?  I don't think so.  Nobodies getting him that cheap in any draft no matter what the scoring format is!

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dylanfan66 said:

 

Whoa this years Gurley?  I like him but rb3 to me.  Could break out.  But get him cheap.  

I doubt if he breaks out it'll be as an RB3. I'm thinking low-end RB1 with top 5 upside. This guy is for real and the only thing holding him back is the coaching staff refusing to use him like they should. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

Bad advice.   You’re a good poster but Mixon is the undisputed bellcow for Cincy.   Gio is not.  He’s fantastic in his COP/ hurry up role- maybe the best in the league.   So this is not a shot at Gio.   But Mixon is the entire package.   I’m expecting a top 10 season.   

 

Side note: I’m not a proponent of taking much from preseason...but did you SEE Mixon last night?   He was electric.

I respect your opinion and conviction on Mixon.  Seemingly every year there's a mid tier RB that makes a big leap into the top 5 range.  Could very well be Mixon this year. 

 

I still think Gio is a pretty talented RB that warrants PT, which could cut into Mixon's perceived bellcow workload.  Gio is far superior to some of the back-up RB JAG's in this league that other RB1 have as their competition.

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, TommyKramer said:

RB3?!?!?  So then you're talking about 20 RBs being taken over him?  I don't think so.  Nobodies getting him that cheap in any draft no matter what the scoring format is!

 

Dude just referred to Alex Collins as a RB3 in his thread, also.  Looks like someone got an early start on Happy Hour.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Goatstain3 said:

 

Dude just referred to Alex Collins as a RB3 in his thread, also.  Looks like someone got an early start on Happy Hour.

Maybe he’s thinking #3 RB on his roster.  I’ve seen Alex Collins go late enough to make that possible...

 

It’s not happening for Mixon he’s going in the 2nd round.  Mixon looked good in the preseason... much quicker.  I still like Gio, but Mixon is at the top of the 2nd tier of RBs.

 

Mixon is no longer going in the 3rd with Guice gone.  The upward pressure in RBs in ADP will continue...

 

In you don’t get Mixon you’re probably targeting (like I am) Penny + Carson.

 

On a side note, anyone that drafts before the final week in the preseason is a fool.  I feel bad for the Redskins, what terrible luck.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, seanismorris said:

On a side note, anyone that drafts before the final week in the preseason is a fool.

 

Tell that to the owner who won the $200,000 first prize in last year's The Fantasy Championship by drafting his team before training camp. 

 

But please, enlighten us on how many six-figure winning paydays you have that qualify you to call him and other sharp early drafters fools. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joshua18 said:

 

Tell that to the owner who won the $200,000 first prize in last year's The Fantasy Championship by drafting his team before training camp. 

 

But please, enlighten us on how many six-figure winning paydays you have that qualify you to call him and other sharp early drafters fools. 

 

Sure.  It’s also technically possible to win the lottery, but that doesn’t mean buying tickets isn’t foolish...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, seanismorris said:

Sure.  It’s also technically possible to win the lottery, but that doesn’t mean buying tickets isn’t foolish...

 

There are pros and cons to both draft philosophies. Dismissing one completely is unwise.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, seanismorris said:

Maybe he’s thinking #3 RB on his roster.  I’ve seen Alex Collins go late enough to make that possible...

 

It’s not happening for Mixon he’s going in the 2nd round.  Mixon looked good in the preseason... much quicker.  I still like Gio, but Mixon is at the top of the 2nd tier of RBs.

 

Mixon is no longer going in the 3rd with Guice gone.  The upward pressure in RBs in ADP will continue...

 

In you don’t get Mixon you’re probably targeting (like I am) Penny + Carson.

 

On a side note, anyone that drafts before the final week in the preseason is a fool.  I feel bad for the Redskins, what terrible luck.

Your side note is utter crap. Bad luck happens but there are so many great deals ;)

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Your side note is utter crap. Bad luck happens but there are so many great deals ;)

 

 

OK.  If you drafted Guice, Sony, Penny, Crowell, Mack, etc. 

 

How are do doing right now?  You’ve just put yourself in an enormous hole before the season started.  How much fun will you be getting from fantasy this season?

 

Every fantasy player is a gamble... Why play Russian roulette before the season already started?

 

Sure, I could have gotten Carson cheap 2 weeks ago, but I also would have gotten @#$& by taking Guice.

 

Side note #2: I’m also not into mail order brides, banging girls with paper bags over their heads, or buying things online without researching them first.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, South Carolina said:

Go ahead and waste a pick on Joe Mixon if you want. It's your fantasy team, not mine.

Late 2nd/early 3rd - you're looking at Mixon, McKinnon, CMC, and Collins: you taking any of them over Mixon?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Late 2nd/early 3rd - you're looking at Mixon, McKinnon, CMC, and Collins: you taking any of them over Mixon?

 

Not for me. Late 3rd/early 4th at best. If he's starting for you you've already lost your league. Pay your fee now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, seanismorris said:

Sure.  It’s also technically possible to win the lottery, but that doesn’t mean buying tickets isn’t foolish...

 

Can't win if you don't buy a ticket and scared money don't make money.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Im in an 8 team standard league, and draft next week and was picking Guice at pick 4.1.

projecting teams picks has a falling Mccoy and Mixon still there and i am torn... Any opinions or help would be awesome??(aware either could be there on actual day)

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Bengals are going to be much better this year. Maybe not in the win column but as far as moving the ball. Bernard being a factor will be a good thing for Mixon. Sure, he will take carries and receptions but that will only keep Mixon fresh. Mixon can be on the field whether the Bengals are ahead or behind. His receiving ability shows that. If they are leading, he definitely should be the “closer.”

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Joe Mixon 2018 Outlook
  • tonycpsu locked this topic
  • tonycpsu unlocked this topic

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...