NBC Sports Edge Forums

Joe Mixon 2018 Outlook

smeeze

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, dlionsfan901 said:

I agree!!! Joe Mixon will be a top 10 pick next year as well so it’s a luxury we got him at a discount this year.  The offense needs to improve around him though.

I’m not sure if he’ll be a top 10 pick next year... I’m thinking top of 2nd round (roughly 12th or so), which I think will be excellent value for him.  I’d love to grab him at the 1/2 turn if I have a back-end pick. He could finish top 5 RB next season.

1 minute ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

I’m not sure if he’ll be a top 10 pick next year... I’m thinking top of 2nd round (roughly 12th or so), which I think will be excellent value for him.  I’d love to grab him at the 1/2 turn if I have a back-end pick. He could finish top 5 RB next season.

I don’t know about that this year I had first pick in PPR and went Gurley and on the 1/2 turn took Joe Mixon.  Maybe a top 15 at least but anything past that I doubt.  

2 minutes ago, dlionsfan901 said:

I don’t know about that this year I had first pick in PPR and went Gurley and on the 1/2 turn took Joe Mixon.  Maybe a top 15 at least but anything past that I doubt.  

Well, if you had top pick you would have taken Mixon at the 2/3 turn then.  That’s about what his ADP was.

Dalton being out helps Mixon tremendously. Lazor (the oc) has a love affair with dalton, and the offense becomes pass heavy. When dalton returns next season, hopefully Lazor realizes that the run game is very important. Cant trust them though

9 minutes ago, Chippa said:

Dalton being out helps Mixon tremendously. Lazor (the oc) has a love affair with dalton, and the offense becomes pass heavy. When dalton returns next season, hopefully Lazor realizes that the run game is very important. Cant trust them though

Lazor will likely be fired this offseason. 

1 hour ago, dlionsfan901 said:

I agree!!! Joe Mixon will be a top 10 pick next year as well so it’s a luxury we got him at a discount this year.  The offense needs to improve around him though.

If they hire a real coaching staff the offense will improve by default!

8 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Well, if you had top pick you would have taken Mixon at the 2/3 turn then.  That’s about what his ADP was.

Yes it was a 12 man league but what I was saying was that I doubt that will be the range he falls in next year as his value has certainly had to climb up a bit especially if he puts on another strong performance.  

5 minutes ago, RyanK said:

Mixon limited again, added a thigh injury to the wrist injury on the report.

Panic or no? Seems like he has been getting limited sessions previous weeks then always plays.

I'd pick up Bernard as insurance.. just in case 

Archived