NBC Sports Edge Forums

15-team $200 Roto 5x5 (with OBP) slow draft and weekly lineups with Fantrax treasurer

I am running a 15-team Roto league with rules very similar to those of NFBC, with some small tweaks.

Categories:

OBP, HR, RBI, R, SB

W, K, ERA, WHIP, SV

Players:

2 Catchers

1 1B

1 2B

1 SS

1 3B

1 MI

1 CI

5 OF

1 U

9 P (min 900 innings)

7 Reserves

3 DL

Payouts:

1st: $1000

2nd: $800

3rd: $600

4th: $400

5th: $200

We will be using Fantrax Treasury to hold the money.  The payouts will be done automatically by them at the end of the season.

Draft will be a slow draft with up to 4 hours between picks.  The timer will be paused from 1 am to 8 am eastern time (to be both west coast and east coast friendly), but you are still able to make picks during this time.  The draft will start March 17th or whenever the league fills, whichever comes second.  Draft order will be randomized by Fantrax before the start of the draft.

One key caveat about this league is there will be no trades.  This is to prevent collusion since the majority of people in the league do not know each other.  This is the same as NFBC.

There will be a $1000 FAAB budget.  Waivers are processed on Monday and Thursday at 3 am eastern time.

Please post here with your email or PM me for an invite.  I also have the full constitution of the league available if you would like to see it.

• Like 1

I think we could be convinced to allow trades at least through the 1st of August if that was a dealbreaker for enough people.  If you (or anyone else reading this) would be in if trades were allowed let me know and I'm open to changing that rule.  We filled this league last year so I'm not terribly worried about filling it again this year.

I totally agree about no trades.  Not just the inequitable trades, then most owners who are out of the race don't vote to block. Was in a league last year where Pujols traded for Kershaw and not enough objected.. no I am not returning to that league.

Most leagues have so many available claims of free agents there is no need for trading. Are you going to have a weekly free agent limit?

Please send me constitution. Am interested.

Jeff

jeffrosen24@yahoo.com

1 hour ago, jeffrosen24 said:

I totally agree about no trades.  Not just the inequitable trades, then most owners who are out of the race don't vote to block. Was in a league last year where Pujols traded for Kershaw and not enough objected.. no I am not returning to that league.

Most leagues have so many available claims of free agents there is no need for trading. Are you going to have a weekly free agent limit?

Please send me constitution. Am interested.

Jeff

jeffrosen24@yahoo.com

No cap on weekly free agents.  It's a weekly lineup league so I'm not terribly worried about that.  We didn't have a problem with it last year.

Sending an email over now.