Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

MacKenzie Gore- SP SD


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't even look at his numbers from last year.  So many of his starts were tainted by the blister issues.  I'd make the argument if he wasn't dealing with the blisters he would have put up similar n

Listening to San Diego sports radio early this afternoon word is he was doing some promotional videos at the stadium.  Recall probably coming.

I very much doubt it, as he's yet to throw a pitch in a full season league. I'd expect him to start in A this year, possibly finishing in A+. Somewhere between late 2020 to late 2021 would be a more r

Posted Images

Maybe it's a bit irrational, but unless Gore is necessary in a deal that's bringing back a megastar, I'm not making him available. The ceiling is just absurd and the mechanics are good enough that the floor is nice too, as nice as it can be for a 19 year old power arm anyways.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

Maybe it's a bit irrational, but unless Gore is necessary in a deal that's bringing back a megastar, I'm not making him available. The ceiling is just absurd and the mechanics are good enough that the floor is nice too, as nice as it can be for a 19 year old power arm anyways.

Every time someone posts in this thread I am going to cross my fingers and hope it is not news about an arm injury.  I think that is the only thing that is going to keep Gore from being a star.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably going to end up being the most hyped pitching prospect since Kershaw (or perhaps Stras). I mean, I got the Ohtani love in Dynasty first year player drafts, but this guy was my easy number 2 over Lewis, Robert, Greene, etc.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, TheWrightStuff said:

what's his eta to the big leagues? 2019? 

I very much doubt it, as he's yet to throw a pitch in a full season league. I'd expect him to start in A this year, possibly finishing in A+. Somewhere between late 2020 to late 2021 would be a more reasonable time line.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/11/2018 at 12:25 PM, Tryptamine said:

I very much doubt it, as he's yet to throw a pitch in a full season league. I'd expect him to start in A this year, possibly finishing in A+. Somewhere between late 2020 to late 2021 would be a more reasonable time line.

 

I'll say 2020.

 

And he will be a top 10 prospect in all of baseball and the #1 sp prospect when the year is over (assuming he does not get hurt).

 

Here's an even bolder statement - floor of Cole Hamels, ceiling of best SP in baseball.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, FouLLine said:

Is everyone really that sold on Gore being that much better than Groome?

 

I am. Gore has 4 plus pitches and plus control. Groome, in my estimation, has 2 plus pitches, a third average pitch and average control. Groome is a very good prospect. I don't, however, see anything he does better than Gore at a more advanced age... and he has fewer offerings.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, oswald737 said:

 

I am. Gore has 4 plus pitches and plus control. Groome, in my estimation, has 2 plus pitches, a third average pitch and average control. Groome is a very good prospect. I don't, however, see anything he does better than Gore at a more advanced age... and he has fewer offerings.

 

Yes but this doesn't help Gore gain value as he progresses up the ladder.  Groome on the other hand will as he continues to develop his change and cutter.  His fastball and curveball are already two of the better ones in the minor leagues.  I've got a funny feeling these guys come mid season rerankings will be much closer together than they currently are.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FouLLine said:

 

Yes but this doesn't help Gore gain value as he progresses up the ladder.  Groome on the other hand will as he continues to develop his change and cutter.  His fastball and curveball are already two of the better ones in the minor leagues.  I've got a funny feeling these guys come mid season rerankings will be much closer together than they currently are.

 

Guess we'll see. I expect Gore is top 10 by End of Year. To me, he's the best pitching prospect in baseball bar none.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/11/2018 at 11:44 AM, TheWrightStuff said:

what's his eta to the big leagues? 2019? 

That would be the Kershaw timetable, who was drafted out of HS in 2006 - was 18, Gore is about a month older than Kershaw was, Gore a Feb Bday, Kershaw March. 

 

Kershaw had 10 starts in rookie ball in 2006, Gore had 7 starts. 

In his first full year, Kershaw was split between A and AA.  

2nd full year, made like 10 starts in AAA then was up.  

 

I dont see that being impossible for Gore, given his combination of stuff and polish.  I took him in our regular auction, its not really a good play if you dont see them as being up sometime in 2019 where it would be worth it to use a keeper and kill another year (only get 4) but honestly I have never been as high on Pads prospect as I am on this guy and I knew where I was drafting in the ML draft, I would have no shot.  So why not?  I think it will be sometime in 2019 if he is successful pitching into AA this year.  Wont likely be start of 19, but will be 19.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2018 at 5:36 PM, Golden Spikes said:

if Baez continues to show what he did last year, and Gore, not to mention Morejon, Allen, Lucchessi, Lauer, Quantrilla, Avila, Paddack....WOW

 

 

And yet, if one of those becomes a legitimate ace you count yourself lucky.  Hope and dream but never set your hearts on a young pitcher.  Gore has a ton of upside but he is so young. Last year my guy that I was similarly high on was yadier Alvarez and now he is almost irrelevant. Sayin floor of Cole Hamels like one person did is crazy. Floor (and still most likely outcome) is bust. Looooong ways to go but I hope he make it!

Edited by merlin401
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 3/30/2018 at 11:27 AM, merlin401 said:

 

And yet, if one of those becomes a legitimate ace you count yourself lucky.  Hope and dream but never set your hearts on a young pitcher.  Gore has a ton of upside but he is so young. Last year my guy that I was similarly high on was yadier Alvarez and now he is almost irrelevant. Sayin floor of Cole Hamels like one person did is crazy. Floor (and still most likely outcome) is bust. Looooong ways to go but I hope he make it!

 

I'll stand by my Hamels statement. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...