NBC Sports Edge Forums

MacKenzie Gore- SP SD

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Listening to San Diego sports radio early this afternoon word is he was doing some promotional videos at the stadium.  Recall probably coming.

I don't even look at his numbers from last year.  So many of his starts were tainted by the blister issues.  I'd make the argument if he wasn't dealing with the blisters he would have put up similar n

I very much doubt it, as he's yet to throw a pitch in a full season league. I'd expect him to start in A this year, possibly finishing in A+. Somewhere between late 2020 to late 2021 would be a more r

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2021 at 8:40 PM, The Big Bat Theory said:

Not just Weathers.  Lamet is coming back.

Lamet with forearm tightness. Still not likely to be Gore time but it's one hurdle out of the way. 

4/19

Honestly, it's been quite encouraging," Geaney said. "We continue to have high expectations, as does MacKenzie for himself. But I think the way the fastball has played this spring, the swings and misses he's gotten in the strike zone and the flashes of above-average secondary stuff, all of that has been there. I think it's just making sure that the time is right, and I think he will tell us when that is."

• Like 2
18 hours ago, rrrich46 said:

4/19

Honestly, it's been quite encouraging," Geaney said. "We continue to have high expectations, as does MacKenzie for himself. But I think the way the fastball has played this spring, the swings and misses he's gotten in the strike zone and the flashes of above-average secondary stuff, all of that has been there. I think it's just making sure that the time is right, and I think he will tell us when that is."

I bet Gore is screaming "I've been ready for years since I was knee high to a grasshopper.  Send me to The Show already dudes!"

• Haha 1

But these teams gotta be cost-conscious!  Can't let these players become *too* expensive cuz these teams are only worth billions and may not be able to afford a couple more million in arbitration.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

I bet Gore is screaming "I've been ready for years since I was knee high to a grasshopper.  Send me to The Show already dudes!"

Don't get me started.

My league added minors last season.

I already had Gore on my bench.

2 hours ago, rrrich46 said:

Don't get me started.

My league added minors last season.

I already had Gore on my bench.

Glad you are playing with prospects in your league.  I started in casual leagues a couple of years but once I switched to private leagues with prospects aka full dynasties I can't  imagine playing in anything else.  So much more fun.  And I had Gore in an NA slot for three years now so yeah I'm ready for his promotion too.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, crotchcrickets said:

But these teams gotta be cost-conscious!  Can't let these players become *too* expensive cuz these teams are only worth billions and may not be able to afford a couple more million in arbitration.

I'm not sure that's a fair criticism of San Diego. I mean, Tatis was on the 2019 opening day roster when they could have easily played games with his service time. 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Heard from a "reliable source" and posted on a tweet.  Yeah sure.  The internet where unverified rumors are all true.

I’m not saying it’s true but it certainly makes sense. How else do you explain him being passed up last year and this year by the Pads who are never afraid to call up their top prospects?

6 hours ago, Gobux1970 said:

I’m not saying it’s true but it certainly makes sense. How else do you explain him being passed up last year and this year by the Pads who are never afraid to call up their top prospects?

They said they had changed his mechanics some and it threw off his control too.  That was the other rumor.  No one knows.  It was just that someone in the major league main forum someone took the yips story and posted it as a fact there with no sources cited so it was just depressing to see how things spread on the internet without checks and double checks.  So yes it could be the yips but we just can't confirm it with someone's tweet is the thing.

9 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

They said they had changed his mechanics some and it threw off his control too.  That was the other rumor.  No one knows.  It was just that someone in the major league main forum someone took the yips story and posted it as a fact there with no sources cited so it was just depressing to see how things spread on the internet without checks and double checks.  So yes it could be the yips but we just can't confirm it with someone's tweet is the thing.

I replied to the guy who posted it on Twitter.

How in the hell when everything is recorded could something like this be kept completely quiet?

Seems shady IMO.

20 minutes ago, herschel said:

Weathers goes down with injury.  Wrap this kid in bubble wrap and ship him to Petco...

Apparently Lamet may pitch again soon. Which seems bonkers but would give them 5 starters again even if Weathers is seriously hurt. 

On 4/27/2021 at 9:02 PM, The Big Bat Theory said:

Heard from a "reliable source" and posted on a tweet.  Yeah sure.  The internet where unverified rumors are all true.

Same source that said pagan would close, no doubt.

lamet and weathers are hurt, paddack done. Proactively run to add gore 

Edited by cyberer

Let's see...Patiño, Morejon, Weathers, now Riley Smith. There's always someone who is not Gore that San Diego can call up. At least there will be minor league games soon, rather than having to rely on vague insinuations/excuses there's something off with Gore. Either we see it or we don't.

• 2 weeks later...

Debut wasn't stellar. 4 IP, 3 ER, 5 H 3 BB 3 K. Coulda been worse I guess? Doesn't yet look like the yips.