NBC Sports Edge Forums

Pete Alonso 1b NYM

6 minutes ago, amcsoldier said:

According to CBS's Scott White, Alonso's average exit velocity last season was higher than all but three big-leagues: Judge, Cruz and Gallo. 

tenor.gif?itemid=4153381

Could have found that out by reading the first post in the thread too

wouldnt be surprised if that’s where he got it from if he just popped that stat up now 

hey scott, give your boy Brockpapersizer a shoutout next time (granted all I did was post the pipeline tweet). Still that’s what inspired me to start the thread. 

Edited by brockpapersizer
  • Like 3
  • Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Between that and a positive 1.8 Fielding Runs Above Average grade at both AA and AAA, I think we are moving past him being a DH prospect only. He's plenty fine at 1st and one of the best slugging pros

Might as well discuss another rh 1b     He could be up.... THIS year. One thing that stands out to me is that he’s a good contact hitter along with the power, he might not be a dra

cant stop   wont stop

Posted Images

Ehh, my bad. Just happened upon it in his column today and in my excitement didn't read the entire thread before sharing; he must have been referencing the same tweet you reposted (no credit for reposts my man - but props for being among the first to spread the good word - RW is nothing if not speedy). 

• Like 1

Likely going to take multiple injuries for him to be recalled.

Funny that up and down my lineup I have injuries but no injuries to other players that would give players on my bench the opportunity to play.

10 minutes ago, B&F said:

Likely going to take multiple injuries for him to be recalled.

Funny that up and down my lineup I have injuries but no injuries to other players that would give players on my bench the opportunity to play.

Seems to me that poor play by AGonz could do the trick. The stars will have to align somewhat but you wanna be the guy holding Alonso if or when they do. 

On 5/7/2018 at 9:06 PM, BigPapi44 said:

2-2, 2BBs.  Just another day for Pistol Pete.

Pistol Pete? One...just no. That nickname is taken by a HOFer and CBB's all-time leader in ppg. Two...that name would be more appropriate for a slap-hitter. If you want to name Alonso after a gun, call him Gustav Alonso ?. 

Caveat...if you haven't heard of Gustav, look it up, lol. 

I think he's probably up at some point this year.  Only thing that will stop it is him getting hurt or slowing down.  He's beasted his entire minor league career besides when he was hurt at the start of last season (briefly).

2 hours ago, nodnarbnap said:

Trying to figure out if this guy is worth grabbing this year in my 8 keeper league. I like the bat...but it’s the Mets ?

Some of his peripheral statistics in AA right now are off the charts.  Previous year's peripherals are outstanding.  I did a double take when reading them.

The only issue right now is a log jam at the MLB level.

9 hours ago, B&F said:

Some of his peripheral statistics in AA right now are off the charts.  Previous year's peripherals are outstanding.  I did a double take when reading them.

The only issue right now is a log jam at the MLB level.

i wouldnt call adrian gonzalez a logjam

• Like 1

re: adrian gonzalez

agon is batting .250/.327/.427 on the season. if you buy into xstats, he should be batting .282/.351/.521.

he's not a world beater, but i don't think he's performing badly enough [yet] that the mets would replace/bench him. i would love for the mets, who are most likely going nowhere this season, to get alonso some MLB experience, but it seems unlikely. not to mention the whole dominic smith, 4 outfielders (i.e., jay bruce) issue..

2 hours ago, Vonparker said:

I would 

Agreed - even if ignoring Dom Smith (which you can't, at least for now), Alonso is blocked by a well respected veteran in the last year of a big contract who hasn't played himself out of a job. Barring a trade/injury, Alonso owners will have to remain patient.

19 minutes ago, Dark One said:

Agreed - even if ignoring Dom Smith (which you can't, at least for now), Alonso is blocked by a well respected veteran in the last year of a big contract who hasn't played himself out of a job. Barring a trade/injury, Alonso owners will have to remain patient.

Mets aren't paying that contract and didn't trade anything to acquire him.

2 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

Mets aren't paying that contract and didn't trade anything to acquire him.

The well respected veteran that hasn't played himself out of a job point stands however - Alonso is blocked in 2018 barring a trade/injury without even taking Dom Smith into consideration. (and of course A-Gone and Smith are both on the 40 man roster to boot)

Edited by Dark One
3 minutes ago, Dark One said:

The well respected veteran that hasn't played himself out of a job point stands however - Alonso is blocked in 2018 barring a trade/injury without even taking Dom Smith into consideration.

Sure, I was only responding to one thing that i saw as misleading.

If Adrian Gonzalez stays healthy and keeps hitting ok, however it’s  been a few years since he’s done that.

dom smith is barely slugging 400 in a repeat of the PCL

i stand by the fact that a healthy alonso pushes into the majors this year. Maybe it’s some random at bats in September that won’t help you much in fantasy, sure.

Edited by brockpapersizer
  • Like 1