NBC Sports Edge Forums

Cameron Brate 2018 Outlook

theSPANKER

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, jpark211 said:

Not good news... do we drop Brate for Howard now? 

With OJ Howard getting in a full practice today, I decided to make that move. Even if Winston likes Brate more in the endzone I just cant pass on Howard as he is the more talented player for the rest of the season

1 minute ago, jpark211 said:

Not good news... do we drop Brate for Howard now? 

Not sure what to do... the matchup is great, the game should be high scoring, Winston and Brate clearly have a redzone connection. This was shaping up to be a perfect storm but Howard coming back definitely takes some shine off it.

1 minute ago, cbsholy said:

With OJ Howard getting in a full practice today, I decided to make that move. Even if Winston likes Brate more in the endzone I just cant pass on Howard as he is the more talented player for the rest of the season

I agree, I think getting the targets, receptions and yardage is more important that TD upside

I have both - and Njoku - and i'm sticking w Brate for this week.  I expect OJ will be limited somewhat and Brate will get the RZ looks. After this week it's drop city for Brate however, assuming OJ finishes the game that is.

Not sure what to do. Hoping we get some more insight closer to kickoff. 

Howard expected to play, but if he's limited then maybe Brate is still a solid play. I have both and would prefer some clarity. It's kind of a lose-lose now. I don't want to roll the dice with Howard and him be a decoy/play hardly any snaps, but I'd hate to play Brate and Howard runs his normal allotment of snaps.

2 hours ago, jimithing11 said:

Not sure what to do. Hoping we get some more insight closer to kickoff. 

Howard expected to play, but if he's limited then maybe Brate is still a solid play. I have both and would prefer some clarity. It's kind of a lose-lose now. I don't want to roll the dice with Howard and him be a decoy/play hardly any snaps, but I'd hate to play Brate and Howard runs his normal allotment of snaps.

I'd still start Brate if I dont have any of the top options available. Winston has a history of targeting Brate over Howard.

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, ff062018 said:

OJ going on IR. Where would you rank Brate ROS?

I have him around Doyle in the 5-10 range. Winston really seems to prefer Brate and I have to think Winston will finish out the season. The Bucs won't go to Fitz for a 3rd time in a season. Or will they???

2 minutes ago, ff062018 said:

OJ going on IR. Where would you rank Brate ROS?

Probably top 12. He's still not very good but TE sucks this year. I wouldn't take him ahead of guys like Burton, Olsen or Njoku. Maybe around the Kyle Rudolph range.

10 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

Probably top 12. He's still not very good but TE sucks this year. I wouldn't take him ahead of guys like Burton, Olsen or Njoku. Maybe around the Kyle Rudolph range.

I have Burton and honestly I'm thinking long and hard about dropping him for Brate. 

3 minutes ago, ff062018 said:

Based on a poll on the Sleeper app, about 67% have him over Doyle. Is that surprising to many of you? I don’t think I could put him that high. 

I would take the TE on a passing team without competition over the guy who splits time with another TE who seems to get all the TD's. I scooped up Brate for my Gronk insurance. 

Archived