Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Cameron Brate 2018 Outlook


theSPANKER

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brate is my playoff TE probably. I’ll go with Doyle until playoffs, then Brate afterward. Brate’s ceiling isn’t going to be high, but I’m sure 10-12 points in PPR should be expected as a floor. If I have an opponent with a guy like Kelce or Ertz I may think about Doyle or Ebron. It’s still pretty risky to play these timeshare dudes because like last time out both were duds. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beerdown said:

Trying to decide between Brate and Olsen tomorrow.

 

I think Olsen's matchup is just too good to bench him but if Jackson and Godwin miss the game you could just start both of them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, metalmat said:

 

I think Olsen's matchup is just too good to bench him but if Jackson and Godwin miss the game you could just start both of them.

 

100%

 

orrrrr....if Godwin plays but Evans is out.   And Jackson per above.    But keep an eye on the news as it’s possible that Fitz is announced as the starter.  In that case, look for Howard to come back which would render Brate a low end QX 3.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

Brate’s ceiling isn’t going to be high, but I’m sure 10-12 points in PPR should be expected as a floor.

 

Maybe I'm wrong but I see Brates floor more like 3-27 and his ceiling 10-12 ppr points, making him another TD dependent TE option.  He's not OJ Howard and likely won't get as many targets or yardage.  TE is a crap shoot this season and now we can add Brate to the list.  I prefer someone like Doyle or Olson, who have quite a bit more upside with increased targets and yardage.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Reuben Foster arrested for domestic violence last night - missing DBag can only help Brate

 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2807654-49ers-reuben-foster-arrested-on-charge-of-domestic-violence

 

Not sure it matters considering what a few have done in Foster's 6 games played

 

Kelce 8/100+

Graham 5/100+

 

But having a back up second string TE in there could not hurt Brate.....

 

 

I own Njoku, Brate and Engram and just tearing my hair out at wanting a safe 10 pts, I will flip a coin I guess

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CharlesHustle said:

 

Not sure it matters considering what a few have done in Foster's 6 games played

 

Kelce 8/100+

Graham 5/100+

 

But having a back up second string TE in there could not hurt Brate.....

 

 

I own Njoku, Brate and Engram and just tearing my hair out at wanting a safe 10 pts, I will flip a coin I guess

 

If it were me I'd be going brate bc this game is projected to be high scoring by Vegas

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Reuben Foster arrested for domestic violence last night - missing DBag can only help Brate

 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2807654-49ers-reuben-foster-arrested-on-charge-of-domestic-violence

Foster hasn't been all that productive on the field. It doesn't change anything for match up purposes. The 49ers have a bunch of other good LBs, especially the rookie Fred Warner.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, FooserX said:

Winstin JUST missed a second TD to Brate in this game too from about 15 yards out....which would have put him around 17 points.

 

Definitely not the worst TE for this late in the season.

 

 

 

thx man...he seems like the fav red zone target from some highlights i saw...amen :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...