Cameron Brate 2018 Outlook

theSPANKER

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, devaster said:

He is Rudolph or is Rudolph Brate?

Either way he's a nothing. Thought I had something here but dude is a failed OL w/good hands. Howard is the future in this offense and Brate will be a name long forgotten/trivial pursuit answer in 5 years.

11 minutes ago, CraftyRighty said:

After looking at the tape on the Saints pass D and the Ertz game, honestly Brate is outside of the top 15 this week and if he has any production or a TD, it will be busted coverage

The match-up doesn't even matter for Brate. No defense schemes, or probably even considers him very much. Unlike Ertz. The fact is he'll likely get 3-5 targets with 2-3 of them being in the end zone. You're just hoping he doesn't drop the pass like he did last week. 

As noted, he gets 3-4 targets per game and 50% of them are in the end zone. Either he catches them or is a dud. Some analysts over thought the match up and had him way too low in pre-weekly ranks. Thanks for helping get me to the semis Brate.

Yeah Ravens secondary will be giving Evans and comp fits.  I think Ravens are vulnerable down the seam , so Brate should get 4-7 targets with a  chance at a TD.  Same as every week.  His performance against the Saints was impressive given how stingy they have been to tight ends this year( especially in red zone)

I just hate how TD dependent he is. He hasn't topped 3 catches all season long, so if he doesn't score you're screwed. With these mid-pack TEs you just have to roll the dice and either go all in that you hope Brate scores or expect to get 2 points otherwise. There's guys ranked around him like Ian Thomas who have been getting way more volume, just a matter of how much risk you are willing to take on assuming Brate finds paydirt.

Archived