NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tristen Lutz - MIL, OF

Talk to me about this kid. BA has him ranked as the #11 in the Brewers system, but they seem to have nothing but great things to say about him:

"high ceiling power hitter"

"great bat speed and strength"

"powerful wrists"

"natural hitting ability to all fields"

"recognizes pitches well for a young player"

Popped 9 HR in 161 ABs with an OPS of .957

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Halo Fan said:

Talk to me about this kid. BA has him ranked as the #11 in the Brewers system, but they seem to have nothing but great things to say about him:

"high ceiling power hitter"

"great bat speed and strength"

"powerful wrists"

"natural hitting ability to all fields"

"recognizes pitches well for a young player"

Popped 9 HR in 161 ABs with an OPS of .957

Most of that production was in The Pioneer League (rare for a highschool kid to get there the year the are drafted).  Certainly one of the best highschool bats in the draft.  To me he's the lower ceiling safer floor version of Mason Martin.

*PS mods title should be TristEn (you can delete this)

I'm in a Scoresheet NL league and I think if you have time he's an all star ceiling type guy...I have a ton of prospect OF guys so I've been holding off barely every round.  Trying to decide to chase risky arms like Toussaint and Guzman before him. Also guys I like are O'Neill, Alonso, Pavin Smith (someone droped) of the guys free in our league at least..

10 hours ago, accudart said:

I'm in a Scoresheet NL league and I think if you have time he's an all star ceiling type guy...I have a ton of prospect OF guys so I've been holding off barely every round.  Trying to decide to chase risky arms like Toussaint and Guzman before him. Also guys I like are O'Neill, Alonso, Pavin Smith (someone droped) of the guys free in our league at least..

I think I'd take Lutz over all of those guys as far ceiling / safety is concerned. If proximity is a factor maybe I could see a couple of them.

Not sure how score sheet leagues work but I rather take safer bats / elite bats then trade for established pitching with the excess guys I have in my system.

• 1 month later...