Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Leonard Fournette 2018 Outlook


fakespike

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, MJJ28 said:

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2018/12/30/18162286/leonard-fournette-contract-void-guarantee-jaguars

 

Guarantees voided setting up the opportunity to cut him or trade him. Where ya'll think he ends up?

 

Just spitballing here but I could see these teams being interested in adding a power back like LF to their backfield:

SF

CHI

NO

TB

ATL

PHI

NYJ

BUF

BAL

HOU

IND

KC

Raiders

 

As a LF dynasty owner, i’d rank HOU, OAK, and BAL as his top landing spots, I think. Still a little early to make an informed opinion. Seems bad on the surface, but the Jags QB situation and blocking after half their OL got injured was atrocious. Getting Fournette onto a better offense may be a silver lining here. I could see him smashing taking handoffs from Watson or Jackson.  The holes Dixon and Edwards were running through today were truly massive.

 

this definitely adds intrigue to the offseason. Glad he’s my RB3/4 and I’m not really depending on him, but holding out hope getting out of JAX is a good thing. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Whoever gets Leonard will get an injury proned and an emotional train wreck.

 

However, new locations has done wonders for players before. 

 

Firnette has the talent but is wildly unreliable thus far in his career. 

 

I'd rather have Gus Bradley than an unreliable guy like Firnette in Baltimore.

 

SF could be an interesting landing spot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Whoever gets Leonard will get an injury proned and an emotional train wreck.

 

However, new locations has done wonders for players before. 

 

Firnette has the talent but is wildly unreliable thus far in his career. 

 

I'd rather have Gus Bradley than an unreliable guy like Firnette in Baltimore.

 

SF could be an interesting landing spot.

 

Gus Bradley or Gus Edwards? :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Corleone said:

 

Gus Bradley or Gus Edwards? :) 

 

Haha, Edwards obviously. Sorry.

 

Firnette is a talented RB and will find another landing spot but he has been his own worst enemy so far in his career.

 

In dynasty terms I'd want to move on from him ASAP because dependability is a huge issue for a fantasy asset. Its hard to invest in such an unreliable guy thus far in his career. Maturity issues he can grow out of but his chronic bad ankles and overall injuries make him unreliable when coupled with his maturity issues.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Haha, Edwards obviously. Sorry.

 

Firnette is a talented RB and will find another landing spot but he has been his own worst enemy so far in his career.

 

In dynasty terms I'd want to move on from him ASAP because dependability is a huge issue for a fantasy asset. Its hard to invest in such an unreliable guy thus far in his career. Maturity issues he can grow out of but his chronic bad ankles and overall injuries make him unreliable when coupled with his maturity issues.

 

No problem. With Gus Bradley a name from the AFC coaching ranks, figured it was just an easy slip :) And I fully agree with you as far as Fournette goes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/23/2018 at 1:32 PM, Impreza178 said:

What do we do with this guy next year?  

 

The few early 2019 rankings out there seem to have him going in the second or third round. That's a ridiculous price for a guy who can't stay on the field, has character issues, and didn't even play particularly well this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

 

The few early 2019 rankings out there seem to have him going in the second or third round. That's a ridiculous price for a guy who can't stay on the field, has character issues, and didn't even play particularly well this year.

 

Bellcow 20 touch a game RB are hard to find past the 1st round.   Every NFL player is an injury risk, you just never know when a guy is suddenly going to play all 16 games and if they do the #s should be there for LF. 

 

Hell you could be having a fantastic season be injury free and STILL miss games in NFL - see Kareem Hunt. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

 

Bellcow 20 touch a game RB are hard to find past the 1st round.   Every NFL player is an injury risk, you just never know when a guy is suddenly going to play all 16 games and if they do the #s should be there for LF. 

 

Hell you could be having a fantastic season be injury free and STILL miss games in NFL - see Kareem Hunt. 

 

Is that what he still is, though? He was in the witness protection program for half of two of the last three games he played. The team president publicly called him out and the team voided his guarantees.

 

I could see him traded before the season or being put into more of a committee than he previously had in Jacksonville.

 

If he remains a bellcow, yeah that's rare past the first round, and he has value due to his work load if he stays fairly healthy. The thing is you likely will have DJ, Chubb, Mixon, Cook, the Chiefs starter going in the second round. Maybe even Conner. I would take any of those guys, all who will have a lot of volume in their own right, over Fournette. He isn't a value imo unless he falls down the board in the range with the best committee guys.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...