NBC Sports Edge Forums

Leonard Fournette 2018 Outlook

fakespike

Too much over analysis. Let's make this simple.

If you're sure you will make the playoffs, you hold him or trade for him.

If you're less than .500 at this point, you trade him for someone who can start for you for the next few weeks.

The worst thing you can do is park him and miss the playoffs if you could trade him and improve your odds for making the playoffs.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, bsong71 said:

Too much over analysis. Let's make this simple.

If you're sure you will make the playoffs, you hold him or trade for him.

If you're less than .500 at this point, you trade him for someone who can start for you for the next few weeks.

The worst thing you can do is park him and miss the playoffs if you could trade him and improve your odds for making the playoffs.

What’s his value right now though? A WR2? 

I think WR2 or RB2/3 is about right.

He has tantalizing upside, but the injury history makes him a big risk. Most people were worried about his ankle coming into this year, and his reduced weight and workout regimen gave fantasy folks a lot of hope that he was past all that.

But, going down so quickly and staying down is a concern.

With Jax signing any rb with a pulse this past week should give us a good indicator of Fournette ROS outlook. I would assume he needs surgery at this point

2 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

With Jax signing any rb with a pulse this past week should give us a good indicator of Fournette ROS outlook. I would assume he needs surgery at this point

Are you really a Dr as your name suggests?  Most hamstring injuries just need rest.  Not surgery!

Just now, poofinger said:

Are you really a Dr as your name suggests?  Most hamstring injuries just need rest.  Not surgery!

Maybe for an 80 year old man...Fournette is much weaker than that

If I owned Fournette I would take anything I could get for him.  His hamstring injury sounds like it's the type that could linger most, if not all of the season.  Yeldon is a good trade target because the owner may be skeptical of him starting the rest of the season.

It's pretty ironic that I avoided Barkley in the draft bc of his hammy issues in the preseason, I went LF at 5th overall instead and of course he gets the hammy issues.  I'd be sitting at 5-0 if I had just gone with my gut. I won't be trading LF since I doubt he'll fetch any value at all at this point.  Luckily I was able to snag Yeldon off waivers after week 1 and i'm just trying to stay afloat and keep my chances alive to maybe get a healthy LF for the playoffs if I make it. The question I have is even if LF sits out thru their bye is he even startable after?  I'm actually starting to have concerns that Yeldon will still see a healthy amount of usage when LF comes back.  What a mess, and a season-ruiner for most ppl.

1 hour ago, y2jbones said:

If I owned Fournette I would take anything I could get for him.  His hamstring injury sounds like it's the type that could linger most, if not all of the season.  Yeldon is a good trade target because the owner may be skeptical of him starting the rest of the season.

linger all season you say? where have you been? 

4 hours ago, bsong71 said:

Bold prediction:  Yeldon will succumb to injury before Fournette's back. Mark this post. :)

That's not really bold considering RBs get injured all the time, and it's a complete guess on your part.  Unless you're Miss Cleo there's no point in marking your post because what does it prove to show you can say random outcome and it happened by chance?

Bold prediction:  Yeldon keeps producing like a borderline RB1 in PPR until Fournette comes back healthy in Week 10, making everyone wish they had just handcuffed with the guy they spent all off season calling a JAG.

21 hours ago, Dr. Whom said:

Or it's the obvious response to Corey Grant's season ending injury.

21 hours ago, Dr. Whom said:

Cmon man stop with these idiotic statements. It’s painfully obvious you’re a bitter bitter Fournette owner. Get over it and stop posting nonsense like this. We’ve already discussed why Charles was signed, and it doesn’t have anything to do with Fournette.

8 hours ago, TheINC said:

It's pretty ironic that I avoided Barkley in the draft bc of his hammy issues in the preseason, I went LF at 5th overall instead and of course he gets the hammy issues.  I'd be sitting at 5-0 if I had just gone with my gut. I won't be trading LF since I doubt he'll fetch any value at all at this point.  Luckily I was able to snag Yeldon off waivers after week 1 and i'm just trying to stay afloat and keep my chances alive to maybe get a healthy LF for the playoffs if I make it. The question I have is even if LF sits out thru their bye is he even startable after?  I'm actually starting to have concerns that Yeldon will still see a healthy amount of usage when LF comes back.  What a mess, and a season-ruiner for most ppl.

Curious why people are even asking if hes startable after the bye

why wouldnt he be? lol schedule is cake

34 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

Curious why people are even asking if hes startable after the bye

why wouldnt he be? lol schedule is cake

If he’s out that long and the practice reports look good, you better believe I’m firing him up week 10 against the Colts. I know he burned us last time, but if week 10 is in fact the next game he plays, that’s what 5 weeks of rest?

39 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

for a hamstring? 

He is going to miss ten weeks for a hamstring...that is not normal for a young dude ( 80 year olds heal faster ) so something else might be inside his leg or he might be faking to reduce his reps like Bell. Something's amiss

3 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

He is going to miss ten weeks for a hamstring...that is not normal for a young dude ( 80 year olds heal faster ) so something else might be inside his leg or he might be faking to reduce his reps like Bell. Something's amiss

He came back too early the 1st time and we’re back to square one. Had he not rushed back I would imagine he would’ve been playing this week. They’re being extra cautious now and giving him 5 weeks to recover. 

Just now, lvsaint429 said:

I doubt I start him again until he makes it through a whole game

If after bye week, I wouldn't start him only because he'd be severely out of game shape. That's why I'd wait a week. It wouldn't have anything to do with his injury.

1 minute ago, FitzMagic said:

If after bye week, I wouldn't start him only because he'd be severely out of game shape. That's why I'd wait a week. It wouldn't have anything to do with his injury.

After the bye is the exception, I guess. By then I would take the chance if that’s his 1st game back. Before then, I just don’t know if I could do it 

Archived