NBC Sports Edge Forums

Leonard Fournette 2018 Outlook

fakespike

Wish they had just put him on IR designated to return to start the season.  This is a damn mess.  Gonna be really frustrating if he pushes it and tweaks the hammy again.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, koreaonaboat said:

Look i own LF and am frustrated but got damn you all are some hopeless MF's. I say he comes back week 8

No gonna happen. Missing practice again today so just a matter of time before he’s listed as “out” this week. No way does he even make the trip to London in week 8. Make plans for his triumphant return in week 10

2 hours ago, lvsaint429 said:

No gonna happen. Missing practice again today so just a matter of time before he’s listed as “out” this week. No way does he even make the trip to London in week 8. Make plans for his triumphant return in week 10

Are you his personal physician? you can't truly know

9 minutes ago, koreaonaboat said:

Are you his personal physician? you can't truly know

Sorry to hurt your feelings by not agreeing with you, but I obviously can read the signs better than you can. Definitely not playing this week & I’d bet the house they won’t risk him on a London trip before the bye. I would think they learned the lesson of rushing him back too soon

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Thought it was already reported that Fournette returns after the bye week.  With a hamstring, that makes the most sense to me.

It's speculated he will return after the bye, but the team won't come out and confirm that for some reason.

5 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Thought it was already reported that Fournette returns after the bye week.  With a hamstring, that makes the most sense to me.

There was something earlier in the week that he may try and practice/suit up - might have been from sleeper bot, can’t remember. This essentially just confirms a no go.

I agree that it’s common sense - though I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t hopeful.

29 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

There was something earlier in the week that he may try and practice/suit up - might have been from sleeper bot, can’t remember. This essentially just confirms a no go.

I agree that it’s common sense - though I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t hopeful.

You should be hopeful they let/force Fournette to heal all the way up, then play him.

So let’s assume a big if here...let’s suppose he is healthy enough to play after the bye. He has not played a game in so long it will take a few weeks for him to get in game shape so maybe week 12 he might be startable. The jags will be out of the playoffs by then so no reason to play him and risk another injury

5 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

So let’s assume a big if here...let’s suppose he is healthy enough to play after the bye. He has not played a game in so long it will take a few weeks for him to get in game shape so maybe week 12 he might be startable. The jags will be out of the playoffs by then so no reason to play him and risk another injury

He'll play. If he injures himself again after that he'll have an entire off-season to heal.

Fournette back is just gonna be a struggle for those of us who own both him and Yeldon. Even if he comes back after the bye there's no way he's gonna get the monster snap counts for which he was drafted. Yeldon has proved he's a more than capable 3 down back and he's gonna be rotated in regardless at a higher rate moving forward.

6 minutes ago, tatddy said:

Fournette back is just gonna be a struggle for those of us who own both him and Yeldon. Even if he comes back after the bye there's no way he's gonna get the monster snap counts for which he was drafted. Yeldon has proved he's a more than capable 3 down back and he's gonna be rotated in regardless at a higher rate moving forward.

Doubtful. I think you overrate Yeldon. 

I am not concerned with workload upon return. Concern is injury risk which is obviously a MASSIVE concern.

7 minutes ago, tatddy said:

As someone who doesn’t own LF but am profiting off Yeldon, this sounds nice, but honestly I just don’t think that’s really the case. Fournette will probably keep Yeldon pretty fantasy non-relevant when he’s back in my mind. He’s that kind of talent. A nasty hamstring injury won’t change that 

Perhaps I didn't articulate my thoughts so well. What I'm saying is this. As an owner of both LF and TJY Fournette coming back doesn't necessarily improve my team for the latter part of the year. 

I'm not at all saying that Yeldon is in the same ballpark as LF. Not even close. What I'm saying is that TJY is a capable 3 down back without much competition for touches right now so he has a solid floor and still a decent ceiling. 

What I'm also saying is that I've experienced bad hamstring pulls. They are no joke and you can rest all you want but without prolonged rest (I mean months) you just never know when it might hiccup again. So with that said, when LF comes back you have to factor that his floor is absolutely at the bottom of fantasy because of the hammy. JAX knows this so my take is that, even when LF comes back, you will see Yeldon rotated in at a marginally higher rate than he was last year because he's been spending so much time with the 1st team offense and Jax wants to minimize LF's workload for this year. 

So would I rather have Yeldon with virtually no competition for snaps or LF back with the ubiquitous fear of injury but potential for monster games? Fournette sure but my point is it's not really a giant upgrade for my situation all things considered. 

5 minutes ago, tatddy said:

Perhaps I didn't articulate my thoughts so well. What I'm saying is this. As an owner of both LF and TJY Fournette coming back doesn't necessarily improve my team for the latter part of the year. 

I'm not at all saying that Yeldon is in the same ballpark as LF. Not even close. What I'm saying is that TJY is a capable 3 down back without much competition for touches right now so he has a solid floor and still a decent ceiling. 

What I'm also saying is that I've experienced bad hamstring pulls. They are no joke and you can rest all you want but without prolonged rest (I mean months) you just never know when it might hiccup again. So with that said, when LF comes back you have to factor that his floor is absolutely at the bottom of fantasy because of the hammy. JAX knows this so my take is that, even when LF comes back, you will see Yeldon rotated in at a marginally higher rate than he was last year because he's been spending so much time with the 1st team offense and Jax wants to minimize LF's workload for this year. 

So would I rather have Yeldon with virtually no competition for snaps or LF back with the ubiquitous fear of injury but potential for monster games? Fournette sure but my point is it's not really a giant upgrade for my situation all things considered. 

Jacksonville needs to win games to make the playoffs. They won’t have the luxury of conserving anyone for the stretch run. If Fournette comes back 100%, which is a big if I admit, he will fill his usual role.

Fournette owner in 2 leagues.  Don't own Yeldon in either.

The ONLY silver lining is he'll have fresh legs when/if he returns.  I however have made plans for the season without him.

IF he returns, he's gonna have to show me 25+ carries before he goes in my lineup.

When the coach says "there's something catching in his hamstring", that's a major league concern.

He is going to be a great value pick next season.

Now I know what you're thinking. Why are you talking about next season? Well, because Fournette is made of glass. Not even the decent kind of glass. I'm talking about glass equivalent to the early Iphones. I really don't expect much from him this season.

Which is why he will be a great value pick next season.

12 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Patiently waiting for the news that Fournette is officially Out! Anybody heard anything yet?

Spotted arriving to practice today:

th?id=OIP.q9W-AKqHCJXvQK5LRE3zHQHaFS&pid

Here’s a handy site to monitor all the beat writers in one spot. You can do it with any team, it’s been super useful:

http://sportspyder.com/teams/jacksonville-jaguars/tweeter_types/3/tweets

but nothing yet

9 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

He is going to be a great value pick next season.

Now I know what you're thinking. Why are you talking about next season? Well, because Fournette is made of glass. Not even the decent kind of glass. I'm talking about glass equivalent to the early Iphones. I really don't expect much from him this season.

Which is why he will be a great value pick next season.

As mentioned before, he will kill it next year for anyone else except those who drafted him this year

13 hours ago, fruitjacket said:

Fournette owner in 2 leagues.  Don't own Yeldon in either.

The ONLY silver lining is he'll have fresh legs when/if he returns.  I however have made plans for the season without him.

IF he returns, he's gonna have to show me 25+ carries before he goes in my lineup.

When the coach says "there's something catching in his hamstring", that's a major league concern.

25 carries?

Archived