NBC Sports Edge Forums

Leonard Fournette 2018 Outlook

fakespike

1 minute ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Definitely no indication that Hyde is an upgrade over Yeldon. Yeldon is much more desirable in today's NFL, but they probably want to get Yeldon back down to 10-12 touches a game. He's hurt and they don't have anyone else left.

I'm wondering if this is the end for Fournette's Jacksonville career. Sounds like they've run out of patience and time with the guy if they're trading for someone when Yeldon seems capable enough. 

This is kind of what I’m thinking now too. Yeldon and Hyde is a solid RB rotation. I wouldn’t be surprised if they move on Fournette now since I think they could get a pretty good pick for him still.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, alexander1231 said:

Trading Fournette away would definitely get that specific locker room's attention...the players there love Fournette. Would be shocking to say the least if that happened.

Fournette's going the way of Trent Richardson at this point. Eerily similar career arc so far. 

1 minute ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Fournette's going the way of Trent Richardson at this point. Eerily similar career arc so far. 

Fournette is pretty good though when he plays, so there’s that minor difference.

Jags are 3-3 and can't risk losing more until Fournette comes back after the bye. This is a move they needed to make. This does not mean Fournette is done for the season. Not until it is actually announced.

7 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

This is kind of what I’m thinking now too. Yeldon and Hyde is a solid RB rotation. I wouldn’t be surprised if they move on Fournette now since I think they could get a pretty good pick for him still.

Hard to believe they would move on from their 1st round pick so quickly...but like posters above, Trent Richardson got traded after an injury so...

***jumping the shark and reaching...Fournette running for the Ravens would be nice to see

5 minutes ago, RafiBomb said:

Jags are 3-3 and can't risk losing more until Fournette comes back after the bye. This is a move they needed to make. This does not mean Fournette is done for the season. Not until it is actually announced.

100%. They can't make this a lost season and this gives them time for Fournette to come back healthy after the bye.

19 minutes ago, alexander1231 said:
kEkDW5xO_bigger.jpgMichael SilverVerified account @MikeSilver
FollowFollow @MikeSilver
More

Jags' decision to trade for Carlos Hyde stemmed from mounting frustration inside the building--and particularly among coaches--about Fournette's prolonged absence. Built the offense around him, hamstring issue continues to linger

Basically...everyone thinks he soft except the loyal fanboys on this site. What a bust

LF is only in his second year, Hyde is now like a 6 year vet.  This is a move that the Jags made because they feel they are a playoff team and don't want to hedge their season on an injured hamstring.  Bortles cant win games on his own they need a complimentary running game which Yeldon does not give them.

This will be similar to the original 3 headed monster Pat's backfield that started the season with Rexy Michel and White.  The team probably will give LF more carries than Hyde will get once he comes back and proves he is healthy but that remains to be seen and the Jags arnt gonna wait for it. 

If Hyde blows the door off of this opportunity though that could spell the end of LF's workhorse identity in Jax. 

1 hour ago, lvsaint429 said:

It’s all coming together for a week 10 return! Hasn’t practiced at all yet & already declared out. Maybe get limited practices next week but still out. 1 last week of rest before fully practicing all week & back week 10. Almost there ?

This post went from sounding like hopeful optimism to straight sarcasm in the matter of an hour. 

9 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

Can you fournette owners quit whining and have some sympathy for us Hyde owners please who are the real victims here?

Not sure...

this trade shows maybe fournette out for season...

So is Yeldon the clear handcuff for hyde? Or do we think when fournette comes back he can challenge yeldon for those change of pace touches? Its not unreasonable to think fournette has 10 touch upside towards the end of the season, that could make him worth a pickup in 16 or 18 team leagues

11 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

Can you fournette owners quit whining and have some sympathy for us Hyde owners please who are the real victims here?

I think this a plus for Hyde...better team

Archived