Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Leonard Fournette 2018 Outlook


fakespike

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

 

appeal on what grounds exactly?  I have never heard of a fight victim getting their suspended revoked once NFL deemed it worthy of one.  Have they ever admitted they were wrong without lengthy court battle?

Have you ever heard of anyone NOT appeal? I’m sure they will say he was already ejected & suspension is excessive. They will argue & try to get it down to a hefty fine so he can play. He’s most likely gonna miss a game, but he’ll try to play the home game vs IND & miss the road trip to TEN the following week

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They’re 3-8 so there really is no reason to prolong the inevitable. He has no grounds to even appeal since he initiated the confrontation by leaving the bench area. Had he actually been on the field at the time he likely would have just gotten fined. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

They’re 3-8 so there really is no reason to prolong the inevitable. He has no grounds to even appeal since he initiated the confrontation by leaving the bench area. Had he actually been on the field at the time he likely would have just gotten fined. 

The NFLPA is gonna demand he appeal simply because of other players who may be in this situation someday. Doubtful that he would win, but they’ll still try to reduce the punishment 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 99-percent-sure said:

He'll appeal Thursday, play this week, play next week, then the NFL will deny the appeal and Fournette will miss a FF playoff game. Book it.

Appeals like this don't get extended beyond this week. He would need to get an injunction by a judge or something, which isn't happening. He is done this week.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone who has made the playoffs or has one of the highest 'Points For' in a league where they drafted or paid a premium for this guy in auction, deserves a medal.

 

And an aspirin, because owning this guy is a mad headache.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, cbsholy said:

Anyone who has made the playoffs or has one of the highest 'Points For' in a league where they drafted or paid a premium for this guy in auction, deserves a medal.

 

And an aspirin, because owning this guy is a mad headache.

My team is 3 out of 12 in points. He was my second pick after Barkley. My record isn’t great though. I’m 7-5.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn’t take him in the first round again next year but would take him in the second.  True three down backs are tough to come by and Fournette has the combo of talent and opportunity that will win you weeks.  He’s a risky pick but championships are won by taking risks.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, cbsholy said:

Anyone who has made the playoffs or has one of the highest 'Points For' in a league where they drafted or paid a premium for this guy in auction, deserves a medal.

 

And an aspirin, because owning this guy is a mad headache.

 

I don’t know that it’s that big an accomplishment.  There were more than enough later round RB and waiver pickups to make up for it.  And with his early injury, it would have been foolish not to have picked up someone else at some point in time.   It’s become a cliche saying but it’s true that you don’t win or lose your league in a draft.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, K197040 said:

 

I don’t know that it’s that big an accomplishment.  There were more than enough later round RB and waiver pickups to make up for it.  And with his early injury, it would have been foolish not to have picked up someone else at some point in time.   It’s become a cliche saying but it’s true that you don’t win or lose your league in a draft.

You can definitely lose it. I did last season. And have had some really bad years before. You can also definitely win it drafting late rounders that pay off. It all comes down to picking the right players in both the draft and off waivers. If you draft poorly early and your late round picks don't pan out your team is sunk, regardless of waivers/FA.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, K197040 said:

 

I don’t know that it’s that big an accomplishment.  There were more than enough later round RB and waiver pickups to make up for it.  And with his early injury, it would have been foolish not to have picked up someone else at some point in time.   It’s become a cliche saying but it’s true that you don’t win or lose your league in a draft.

 

Yeah especially since he was injury-prone heading into the year and a lot of owners probably snagged Yeldon who performed basically at a RB1 level while Fournette was out. Drafting Fournette was definitely still a big bummer and compared to what you could've gotten instead likely was a big hit to your team. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, K197040 said:

 

I don’t know that it’s that big an accomplishment.  There were more than enough later round RB and waiver pickups to make up for it.  And with his early injury, it would have been foolish not to have picked up someone else at some point in time.   It’s become a cliche saying but it’s true that you don’t win or lose your league in a draft.

 

I'm in a season-long points league and took Fournette 7th overall in a 12 teamer. I'm 3rd in total points, 8-4 head to head, and the league starts 2 RB and 3 WR. 

 

In another standard head to head league I'm the 3rd seed despite spending $52 out of $200 budget on Fournette in auction.

 

His absence definitely stings much harder in the season long points league. I'd probably be in 1st place if he was healthy for even 80% of the year.

Link to post
Share on other sites

He didn’t get suspended for what he did ON the field. That got him ejected. The punches he threw in the tunnel were what got him the suspension. You throw punches, you get ejected and suspended. Appeal on what ground????

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, ginocan said:

He didn’t get suspended for what he did ON the field. That got him ejected. The punches he threw in the tunnel were what got him the suspension. You throw punches, you get ejected and suspended. Appeal on what ground????

He didn’t throw any punches in the tunnel. He ran off the sideline to the scuffle and threw a slap punch. Lol every Video I’ve seen had them separated by at least 3 guys each getting escorted down the tunnel.

 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports/leonard-fournette-shaq-lawson-ejected-try-continue-fight-tunnel-afterward-204845953.html

 

this forum sometimes 😂

 

i will say watching it again, kinda funny how fournette at 6’1 228 ended up on top of Lawson after they grabbed each other and he is 6’3 260. Good strength there. He will have a week to rest up lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he has a decent shot to win this appeal. In Runyan's statement it says Fournette ran the whole way from the bench just to fight, when it's clear he came to celebrate and the scuffle broke out just about when he arrived at the scene. So there's no way he left the bench for the purpose of fighting.

 

Didn't either Mike Evans or AJ Green had a successful appeal in a similar incident?

 

I'm holding out hope mainly because my replacement would be Judge Ito. :unsure:

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, frog34 said:

I think he has a decent shot to win this appeal. In Runyan's statement it says Fournette ran the whole way from the bench just to fight, when it's clear he came to celebrate and the scuffle broke out just about when he arrived at the scene. So there's no way he left the bench for the purpose of fighting.

 

I don't believe he can make that distinction because if you watch even the simple replay of the TD, you don't see Lenny trotting over to his teammates to high five them he literally is bee lining to confront someone.  

 

That would be a hard pill for the NFL to swallow to 'ok' throwing some punches RIGHT next to fans in the stands simply bc he was caught up in emotion to go celebrate a TD lol

 

AJ Green's body slam happened on the field of play after a play ended, he just got carried away but he was not near any fans and did not come off the bench.

 

Mike Evans was suspended for his cheap shot.  Marshawn Lynch last year ran off the bench and bumped a ref and his appeal was denied. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Zekepeak86 said:

He didn’t throw any punches in the tunnel. He ran off the sideline to the scuffle and threw a slap punch. Lol every Video I’ve seen had them separated by at least 3 guys each getting escorted down the tunnel.

 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports/leonard-fournette-shaq-lawson-ejected-try-continue-fight-tunnel-afterward-204845953.html

 

this forum sometimes 😂

 

i will say watching it again, kinda funny how fournette at 6’1 228 ended up on top of Lawson after they grabbed each other and he is 6’3 260. Good strength there. He will have a week to rest up lol

Awesome video. Thanks

alot of pushing & shoveling 

Why did he write Fournette threw punches in the tunnel when we knew he never did....

Hyde pushed two players one happen to be Lawson who didn’t like that so he pushed pushed Hyde back and then Fournette jumped into the mix. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...