NBC Sports Edge Forums

Julio Jones 2018 Outlook

smeeze

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He looks much more dominating that the opening game in 2017...

There's hope for Julio to build on...

Cautiously Celebrating...

Sarkisian's play calling continues to be horrible and the reason to be wary...

I didn't think the playcalling was bad. Julio was amazing as per the norm. All that game did was make it glaringly obvious that Matt Ryan is inaccurate inside the RZ. He was air mailing balls inside the 10, including to receivers not named Julio. Freeman should have had a receiving TD in the 1st quarter. He was wide open against the LB in coverage. Matt Ryan made a bad throw and Freeman had to play defender so it wasn't an INT.

It really shouldn't be that hard to throw a ball to Julio's catch radius inside the 10. His catch radius is huge.

2 minutes ago, devaster said:

I didn't think the playcalling was bad. Julio was amazing as per the norm. All that game did was make it glaringly obvious that Matt Ryan is inaccurate inside the RZ. He was air mailing balls inside the 10, including to receivers not named Julio. Freeman should have had a receiving TD in the 1st quarter. He was wide open against the LB in coverage. Matt Ryan made a bad throw and Freeman had to play defender so it wasn't an INT.

It really shouldn't be that hard to throw a ball to Julio's catch radius inside the 10. His catch radius is huge.

Jumbo package on 4th and goal? member the very first RZ area once Julio got them in there????

That was the preview of the things to come LOL

Should have is a very finicky thing to say, Julio should have a 50+ yd reception, but the stat showed he didn't

How overmatched must my team be if I get 28 from Julio on Thursday night and still think I'm going to lose?  Watch me lose by 6 points and I'll be wishing I had those 6.2 points for that overturned bomb...

1 minute ago, Szer0 said:

Jumbo package on 4th and goal? member the very first RZ area once Julio got them in there????

That was the preview of the things to come LOL

Should have is a very finicky thing to say, Julio should have a 50+ yd reception, but the stat showed he didn't

Was that jumbo package the throw to Freeman where he was wide open and Ryan missed him?

1 minute ago, CooL said:

How overmatched must my team be if I get 28 from Julio on Thursday night and still think I'm going to lose?  Watch me lose by 6 points and I'll be wishing I had those 6.2 points for that overturned bomb...

Same here... Al Riveron's horrible.... so no one knows what's a catch, even after all those addendum that they added in the off season

Just now, devaster said:

Was that jumbo package the throw to Freeman where he was wide open and Ryan missed him?

Yes.

BUT, the jumbo package was used for all 4 downs.

in the first down, they used Sanu and a third WR (I couldnt identify, but i thought it was Hardy) to block.

Second down, 3 TEs, all the way till 4th down.

The new adventures of old Julio. Had him on teh squad last year and watching tonight, as he didn't play in the preseason, it's very clear that he was not healthy last year. He's a monster again and he's QB proof. 

If I had him this year I would be pretty upset with all the subbing in and out they do with him, but whatever, he's beasting.

That bomb down the right sideline was totally a catch, makes no sense at all how that was not overturned, especially with these new more relaxed rules that allowed Hooper's "catch" to stand in the first half. that Julio catch was a catch by last year's standards.

Congrats to those of you who have him, he's healthy and they will no longer be using him as a decoy. He's gonna kill it.

7 minutes ago, Szer0 said:

Yes.

BUT, the jumbo package was used for all 4 downs.

in the first down, they used Sanu and a third WR (I couldnt identify, but i thought it was Hardy) to block.

Second down, 3 TEs, all the way till 4th down.

It was early in the game and the season. I can understand trying to establish the run and their will against the opponent by running it in from a yard or two out. I think Ryan had another poor throw in that series as well.

Ryan threw a bunch of terrible passes.

1 minute ago, devaster said:

It was early in the game and the season. I can understand trying to establish the run and their will against the opponent by running it in from a yard or two out. I think Ryan had another poor throw in that series as well.

Ryan threw a bunch of terrible passes.

If you believe that Ryan is solely to blame here... I can't seem to change your mind.

But I am not alone in calling out Sarkasian as the pure MVP for the Eagles team in this case

Just now, Szer0 said:

If you believe that Ryan is solely to blame here... I can't seem to change your mind.

But I am not alone in calling out Sarkasian as the pure MVP for the Eagles team in this case

I don't think Sark is great. But I also think it is blown out of proportion. They still have a ton of talent, but Ryan was missing guys on simple throws. And not even giving his receivers a chance to catch the ball.

7 minutes ago, devaster said:

I don't think Sark is great. But I also think it is blown out of proportion. They still have a ton of talent, but Ryan was missing guys on simple throws. And not even giving his receivers a chance to catch the ball.

If you want to establish the run, you keep your best receiver on the field to open up the field more for the runner. The playcalling was horrific, and so was Ryan.

2 minutes ago, atrium said:

If you want to establish the run, you keep your best receiver on the field to open up the field more for the runner. The playcalling was horrific, and so was Ryan.

And JJ still got his.  Not a lot of WRs I’d rather own.

2 minutes ago, 1st DownSyndrome said:

It’s crazy how close this was to a 200+ yard 2 TD game. 

Certainly happy about the 19 targets though. Keep that up please.

and please stay healthy

1 minute ago, Panthers8912 said:

Nothing warms my heart like seeing Matt Ryan play like poo on opening night. Worst qb in the division? Probably 

There's something about him that makes me hate him more than other QB's.

It's like he has a lot of talent, but he plays scared ****less all the time. I can't stand QBs who play scared ****less all the time.

2 hours ago, atrium said:

There's something about him that makes me hate him more than other QB's.

It's like he has a lot of talent, but he plays scared ****less all the time. I can't stand QBs who play scared ****less all the time.

The smart move but still funny cause if he wasn’t scared ****less he would’ve at least kept his footing. 

nomattno.0.gif

Archived