Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Julio Jones 2018 Outlook


smeeze

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Sternes said:

Could he actually be undervalued this year?

 

I think so. Everyone I listen to seems to be a bit down on him because of the 3 TDs last season. The dude is still a beast and the Falcons will be in the 2nd year of learning the new offense. If he drops into the 2nd round it is a steal

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
Quote

Julio Jones informed the Falcons he will not attend mandatory minicamp.

The Falcons previously told reporters they thought Jones would attend, but he was a no-show as players filed in on Monday. "We have been in contact with Julio and his representation," the Falcons said in a statement. "We will not discuss those conversations publicly except to say we feel they have been productive and constructive. We understand the concerns and thoughts from their perspective. Although not ideal, Julio informed us today he would not be attending mini-camp." This officially makes Julio a holdout. Jones is currently the NFL's eighth-highest-paid wide receiver.
 
 
Jun 11 - 5:07 PM

If that kickball video wasn't enough to drop him down on my draft list, this news definitely does.  Let's see how long it lasts.  Right now I think I would feel comfortable taking Michael Thomas over him and maybe even Keenan Allen in PPR formats.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CooL said:

If that kickball video wasn't enough to drop him down on my draft list, this news definitely does.  Let's see how long it lasts.  Right now I think I would feel comfortable taking Michael Thomas over him and maybe even Keenan Allen in PPR formats.

 

Thomas should have been going ahead of him anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sooooo..........holding out?  He's got two years left on his deal, and he's already one of the top paid WR's.   He got 47 mil guaranteed on a deal he signed 3 years ago, per Spotrac.  Antonio Brown's contract is confusing me a bit as he restructured it, but it looks like he's FAR worse off than Julio.  The only receivers right now happier than Julio should be Evans, Hopkins, and maybe Landry.   What's the ruckus?

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, BrianM said:

Sooooo..........holding out?  He's got two years left on his deal, and he's already one of the top paid WR's.   He got 47 mil guaranteed on a deal he signed 3 years ago, per Spotrac.  Antonio Brown's contract is confusing me a bit as he restructured it, but it looks like he's FAR worse off than Julio.  The only receivers right now happier than Julio should be Evans, Hopkins, and maybe Landry.   What's the ruckus?

 

There are at least 7 WRs making more than Julio this year, including Sammy Watkins and Jarvis Landry. Something about that has obviously triggered him. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure the yardage was there last year. But as everyone says, the TDs were not. How many alpha WR1s are there in the league who only score 3 TDs?

 

He got a lot of guaranteed money. What’s this dude complaining about? Aaron Rodgers contract looks paltry compared to what everyone else got after him. But he’s classy, is going to play out his contract, and then get his when he’s due. 

 

I wouldn’t feel good about having him as my late round 1 pick. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joshua18 said:

 

There are at least 7 WRs making more than Julio this year, including Sammy Watkins and Jarvis Landry. Something about that has obviously triggered him. 

 

 

That's gotta be it.   Overall deal, his is one of the best, but in cash this year, well, naturally, new signing bonuses are going to eclipse what Julio makes.  

 

That's what happens when you sign a long term contract 3 years ago.   Its not the NBA where the top dogs opt out every other year.    

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dashoe said:

 

 

I remember a similar play last year when he jacked up Lattimore after a pick - only because it was an IDP league that also counted tackles on INTs so opponent got +1 on his Julio lol. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JSA2422 said:

 

I remember a similar play last year when he jacked up Lattimore after a pick - only because it was an IDP league that also counted tackles on INTs so opponent got +1 on his Julio lol. 


LOL

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

 

He’ll be this years Gurley ... falls into late 1/2nd round and then goes on to win people leagues when people realize how stupid it was to pass on a talent like him 

 

gonna be hard to do when he only scores 6 TDs

Link to post
Share on other sites

Over the last four years, the only WR to score more PPR fantasy points than Julio Jones is Antonio Brown--and he's scored almost 200 (197.1) more points than Julio in that time frame.

 

Julio has scored 144.4 more than the next-highest scorer (DeAndre Hopkins).

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

 

He’ll be this years Gurley ... falls into late 1/2nd round and then goes on to win people leagues when people realize how stupid it was to pass on a talent like him 

Thing that scares me about Julio is even with a 50.8 point game in ppr he still only averaged 15.7 per game with only 3 games over 20 points.  It very well could be just getting adjusted to the o coordinator.  But he is coming up on 30 years old and in his own words doesn't really workout in the offseason.  At a certain point(usually coming up on your 30s) you have to be a workout warrior to keep that edge you had.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, youngrice said:

Thing that scares me about Julio is even with a 50.8 point game in ppr he still only averaged 15.7 per game with only 3 games over 20 points.  It very well could be just getting adjusted to the o coordinator.  But he is coming up on 30 years old and in his own words doesn't really workout in the offseason.  At a certain point(usually coming up on your 30s) you have to be a workout warrior to keep that edge you had.

 

 

That's because he completely changed his diet eliminating sugar, fried and fatty foods.  He focuses on healing his body in the offseason with rest which he says he has been doing since his 2nd year as a pro. Hard to argue with the results so far.

 

http://www.espn.com/blog/atlanta-falcons/post/_/id/30368/julio-jones-finds-clean-diet-is-key-to-staying-on-field

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Im willing to chalk Julio's "bad" 2017 to poor luck. His redzone targets were up, but he only caught 26% of them. That is such an unsustainable rate. One year, this guy is gonna blow up and score 12 TDs. The offense is in its second year, and even as is, Julio is as talented a receiver as there is, playing alongside a top-notch QB, and he's had 1,400 yards in FOUR straight seasons. Touchdowns are a very volatile stat. People that are letting this dude sneak into the second round are making a huge mistake. He's going to be a league winner for anyone who can pair him with a great RB on the turn.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Of the four WRs who have scored at least 1000 PPR fantasy points over the last four years, Julio is #2 to Antonio Brown, ahead of #3 (DeAndre Hopkins) by more than 100 points.

 

But he's still like the 4th WR off the board, so it's not like he's being snubbed to the point of having excellent value or anything.  He's a top WR, being drafted like a top WR.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 7:36 AM, CooL said:

Sure the yardage was there last year. But as everyone says, the TDs were not. How many alpha WR1s are there in the league who only score 3 TDs?

 

He got a lot of guaranteed money. What’s this dude complaining about? Aaron Rodgers contract looks paltry compared to what everyone else got after him. But he’s classy, is going to play out his contract, and then get his when he’s due. 

 

I wouldn’t feel good about having him as my late round 1 pick. 

Andre Johnson did it his entire career.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, devaster said:

Andre Johnson did it his entire career.

 

And so has Julio. 

 

First 7 seasons: 

Johnson = 42 receiving TDs

Julio = 43 receiving TDs

 

He is what he is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/15/2018 at 2:39 PM, JSA2422 said:

 

I remember a similar play last year when he jacked up Lattimore after a pick - only because it was an IDP league that also counted tackles on INTs so opponent got +1 on his Julio lol. 

 

Have Julio in an IDP league. I'm counting on an uptick in TDs this coming season, but I'm also looking for 3-5 solo tackles.

 

RashLegalCorydorascatfish-size_restricte

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...