In my deep keeper league, I was offered the following trade:

I send: Tom Brady, Sam Watkins, and Alex Collins

I receive: Cam Newton and Jerk McKinnon

My roster is as follows:

QB - Wilson, Jimmy G, Watson, and Brady

RB - Bell, Gordon, Hyde, Henry, Lewis, and Collins

WR - Evans, Jeffery, Gordon, Robinson, Watkins, Goodwin, and Godwin

TE - Gronk, Howard, Burton, and Kittle

Is this trade worth making? I am primarily interested in McKinnon because it is a PPR league. 

Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

39 minutes ago, cwilliam said:

In my deep keeper league, I was offered the following trade:

I send: Tom Brady, Sam Watkins, and Alex Collins

I receive: Cam Newton and Jerk McKinnon

My roster is as follows:

QB - Wilson, Jimmy G, Watson, and Brady

RB - Bell, Gordon, Hyde, Henry, Lewis, and Collins

WR - Evans, Jeffery, Gordon, Robinson, Watkins, Goodwin, and Godwin

TE - Gronk, Howard, Burton, and Kittle

Is this trade worth making? I am primarily interested in McKinnon because it is a PPR league. 

Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Counter Brady/Collins/Something for Cam/McKinnon.

I like moving Brady here, not sure Cam is what you want though.

The more I consider this trade, the more I think you'd be showing great foresight by accepting.

Brady is winding down. The stats don't show it, but we do need to be realistic; he's likely got 2, maybe 3 years left. Banking on having him beyond that is a serious risk.

Cam still has some time left, and he can definitely pump out the numbers.

The Jerick McKinnon part of this trade requires a little faith in San Francisco. They seem serious about winning right now. Their prospects seem high at the moment.

Also, cashing out on the Sammy Watkins hype doesn't seem like a bad idea, considering his somewhat-limited returns over his career.

If Jimmy G does work out, and McKinnon becomes a working part of that offense for seasons to come, you would look back on this trade knowing you got a real deal.

You can't always get your "perceived" value for players in trade, sometimes you just have to forfeit that tiny bit you think you deserve in order to get the trade done.

I'd run, not walk to make this trade. I'd gladly take Newton over Brady at this point in dynasty, and you wont get better value for Brady IF you wait too long.

IMHO Watkins is garbage (and you can spare him), and Alex Collins is a fumbling machine, who may find himself in the midst of a RBBC yet again next season.

Give me Newton over Brady going forward (esp with JG, Wilson and Watson already rostered) + McKinnon all day over Watkins/Collins.

Once accepting this trade, I'd look at moving 1-2 of those QBs immediately, and possibly a RB down the road. *or couple them in a trade offer

:cheers:

Edited by FollowTheLeader

I like this for you. Brady has 1 maybe 2 more years. The Baltimore backfield is an unknown. They don't seem to like Collins and they won't commit. Watkins is, undetermined. I'm not a fan of his. Cam is, well, Cam. He is not the most consistent, but he is a top 5 QB and last year was 2 or 3 in an off year? McKinnon I don't think will be a workhorse, but he should get plenty of work especialy in the passing game and as you mentioned it's PPR.