NBC Sports Edge Forums

Josh Reddick 2018 Outlook

5 minutes ago, svtballa said:

Really no thread already!?!  I can see a 75/20/75/10 .295 line from him this year.  At his ADP I'm all in.

In looking at orders on RR, I am intrigued by the fact he is hitting 5th, I mean if he stays healthy (which for him is a big if) hitting in the 5 Hole with guys like Correa, Altuve, Bregman ahead of him, honestly no reason that cant be like a 90 RBI season.  

The questions are:

* health - been hurt most seasons 

* Power - throwing out the 30+ HR season, it seems like he is more in the 15ish range, which if he doesnt run much, which at 31 trying to stay healthy?

* Steals - is it 5 or 10 and how does that combine with power.  

He's the kind of guy that can help you win a championship, especially in big leagues or AL only leagues.  He's not the stud that propels you over the top.  But he's the vanilla guy you get with a good adp that has a low cieling but a high floor.  He's Melky Cabrerra all over again.  Plug him in , get above average production. Use earlier draft picks on high ceiling guys. 

They've been using the DTD tag for injuries as well as illnesses for a while now, that's all, he's feeling under the weather, sick, so he's day to day...could potentially pinch hit if needed though.....

Edited by FISH ON
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2018 at 7:52 AM, svtballa said:

Surprised there isnt more buzz

Dude is having a really nice year so far and no one is talking about it. He already has half his HR total from last season.

10 hours ago, jimbo504 said:

Dude is having a really nice year so far and no one is talking about it. He already has half his HR total from last season.

He truly gets no respect whatsoever. His plate discipline is so damn good and he has very sneaky power. He doesn’t hit cheapies.

• 4 weeks later...

I guess it depends on how deep your league is. Reddick to me is the quintessential streaky hitter - every year he goes through a couple heaters that are hotter than hot, and everyone thinks he's turning into an all star. But then those heaters are also followed by weeks of very poor production. 

I think Reddick can be useful in fantasy, but you just have to know this is what to expect, and use him for his hot streaks and sit him otherwise. He always ends up with OK counting stats, but if you can effectively get 75% of those stats in 30% of the season while he's hot, and then get better numbers the rest of the time out of someone else, he could be good value. 

• Like 1