NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Team fell apart last year, who to keep?

rcookcmu

After swinging and missing on a few keepers last year I appear to be the current Detroit Tigers. Hung up between having the prospects to go full rebuild, and lacking the assets to get legit return on any trade offers. So the question is who do I keep this year? It is a 12 team roto 6x6 with OBP and QS, each keeper is not tied to a draft pick and can be held forever (I am working to get that changed). Teams can keep 5 or 6, it seems clear I will only keep 5 to get the compensatory 1st round pick.

Josh Donaldson

Eric Hosmer

Justin Smoak

Ryan Braun

Whit Merrifield

Gregory Polanco (Pit)

Kyle Schwarber

Adam Duvall

Chris Taylor

Matt Carpenter

Marwin Gonzalez

Eduardo Nunez

Jeimer Candelario

Lance Mccullers

Seems like I'd keep Donaldson, Hosmer, then after that it's tough as you have a lot of guys who've been let downs or probably won't be repeating their better seasons again. I might take Whit, if he can steal 25-30 bases with some pop and a AVG that won't kill you he might be worth it. I'd play wait and see to determine who your other keepers might be, based on what they do this season, I'd probably keep 5 to get a draft pick back and possibly try throwing trade offers out there see if you can pull of at least one 2 for type trade to get a better player.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, rcookcmu said:

After swinging and missing on a few keepers last year I appear to be the current Detroit Tigers. Hung up between having the prospects to go full rebuild, and lacking the assets to get legit return on any trade offers. So the question is who do I keep this year? It is a 12 team roto 6x6 with OBP and QS, each keeper is not tied to a draft pick and can be held forever (I am working to get that changed). Teams can keep 5 or 6, it seems clear I will only keep 5 to get the compensatory 1st round pick.

Josh Donaldson

Eric Hosmer

Whit Merrifield

Jeimer Candelario

Lance Mccullers

With confidence. All are a + play at their position IMO, except Candelerio.

• Thanks 1

For me, your five are (not in order):

Josh Donaldson

Eric Hosmer

Whit Merrifield

Kyle Schwarber

Lance Mccullers

I like Marwin and Candelario for this year, but would avoid Braun and am very much redraft-and-see with Smoak. Super-high on Merrifield; be sure he's in there. 

Best of luck!

• Thanks 1