NBC Sports Edge Forums

Vent & Rant Thread 2018

colepenhagen

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Waiting for the Muts to DL Conforto so I can pick somebody up. Meanwhile all the other teams in my league are picking up all the sleepers because their player's team has already put him on the DL

6 hours ago, Del Rio said:

Waiting for the Muts to DL Conforto so I can pick somebody up. Meanwhile all the other teams in my league are picking up all the sleepers because their player's team has already put him on the DL

Would the GMs for Cleveland and San Diego please pick up the white Courtesy Phone?

Out of curiosity, is there any logical reason why teams wait until the last second to put players on the DL that they know will be there awhile?  Players such as J. Turner, Trumbo, etc. for instance.  What is the point of waiting and extending the 10 day window out?  Maybe I am missing something, but you would think they would want to just do it asap and allow themselves the most flexibility.  Seems like they wait until the last second to deal with it.  Maybe it does not make any real difference, but it just seems like there is no real benefit to waiting if you know the player is going to be out a month+.

2 minutes ago, secretagentman said:

Out of curiosity, is there any logical reason why teams wait until the last second to put players on the DL that they know will be there awhile?  Players such as J. Turner, Trumbo, etc. for instance.  What is the point of waiting and extending the 10 day window out?  Maybe I am missing something, but you would think they would want to just do it asap and allow themselves the most flexibility.  Seems like they wait until the last second to deal with it.  Maybe it does not make any real difference, but it just seems like there is no real benefit to waiting if you know the player is going to be out a month+.

They don't extend the window.  They typically post date the DL start date.

3 hours ago, Arrowhead said:

Max Scherzers opening debut cancelled due to weather. 

You'll still get him Friday at least.  

40 minutes ago, kidtwentytwo said:

Deadline is 11am tomorrow.  Don’t want to make moves then have a guy get hurt carrying his luggage 

I see what you did there.  :)  Now, let's get going with those DL moves, Royals!  You're slippin'!  Oh wait...........

Archived