NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ezekiel Elliott 2018 Outlook

6 hours ago, atrium said:

I took him #3 overall over DJ in a full point PPR league. I went with a hunch cause I'm expecting a s--- ton of volume.... but now I feel a tinge of regret, seeing a bunch of rankings which almost universally rank DJ above Zeke in PPR. Anybody wanna reassure me that I made the right decision here? Where do you guys stand?

I also took Zeke in front of DJ in PPR. Just a hunch that Zeke will get an insane amount of touches this year including the passing game.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You should get banned for this 

Shut your whore mouth 

He came through for us when we needed him in a tough matchup.     I appreciate the effort, you ugly little Ewok.  Keep up the great work. 👌🏻

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, milesberg said:

Everything in my gut says that Zeke Elliott will lead the league in yards from scrimmage and touchdowns this season.

I've tried hard as a Cowboys fan to not be a homer.....But I feel that way too.

My gut is telling me that Zeke will be playing with a chip on his shoulder this year.  I just think he's probably got a very sour taste in his mouth from last season and by all accounts, I've heard nothing from him all off-season....Which to me is good news.  I think he's business this year and it set up to have a career-type season.

In a recent 14 team auction I did though, I'm obviously in the minority as there were quite a few RB's that went for more than Zeke....Obviously Gurley and Bell....But DJ, Fournette and Hunt also went higher than Zeke.  So it seems like the general consensus is a bit down on him probably due to the OL issues and the Cowboys offense overall.

What I'm interested to see is if the Cowboys start working him into the passing offense more.  Frankly, there's no reason he should catch 50 balls if you ask me.  They should be getting him out in the flat more to get him in space.  Of course, that would require the Cowboys running more than 5 plays from their playbook and not sure they're capable of that.

• Like 1

I got the first pick in my draft (tonight).  Honestly thinking about taking him.  Bell's holdout is starting to scare me.  I think Gurley is a risky player who got tons of usage last season.  Johnson's coming back from ACL concerns me.  Elliott will get tons of work because Cowboys stink and he is fresh from not playing much last season.  Am I crazy if I take Elliott?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
4 minutes ago, StuPitt said:

I got the first pick in my draft (tonight).  Honestly thinking about taking him.  Bell's holdout is starting to scare me.  I think Gurley is a risky player who got tons of usage last season.  Johnson's coming back from ACL concerns me.  Elliott will get tons of work because Cowboys stink and he is fresh from not playing much last season.  Am I crazy if I take Elliott?

DJ was a wrist injury.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, StuPitt said:

DJ is fresh, it was a hand injury, not ACL.

At the moment if I was you, I would take DJ in PPR and Zeke in standard.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, gimme the ball said:

Fair concern and probably why Zeke dropped in my auction this past weekend.

Honestly though...We can say the same about a lot of guys.  I mean, thee are many WR's that are in trouble in their starting QB goes down but we won't fade them.  Or who's to say other RB's offensive lineman won't get hurt.

it's a concern but I'm not altering my approach.

22 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

it's a concern but I'm not altering my approach.

248346fc70a74b689279254e4444153f.gif

Seriously, I think Zeke is good enough to make some of his own plays, but it the O-line truly sucks it's going to hurt all of Dallas, and remember they also don't have a lot of receivers.

6 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:

Hopefully this isn't a situation like Gurley's 2 years ago where he had absolutely no room to run. 

That's what I'm thinking but the oline is still pretty good so he won't be that bad. That being said I am looking to shop him. 

I said it before on this page, this has Todd Gurley 2016 written all over it. You simply cannot beat 8 man fronts trying to kill you when you have 0 wide receiver or tight end threats. Not even the best can. I was getting nowhere near Elliott in the drafts. Sadly, I'm not that smart in the end, as I took Leveon Bell. :/

Edited by MrPositive
  • Like 1

The issue is more atrocious play calling than it is the o-line. Garrett and Linehan cannot be canned soon enough. It's a travesty that this team does not call play action and screens more often. With that said, I'm not too worried about Elliott because today is about as low as it can get. 

• Like 1

Zeke basically hit his non-ppr projection on the road against one of the best teams in the NFC and a strong front 7 and y’all are complaining? This was probably one of the best defenses they’ll see all year and everyone is acting like he had 15 carries for 28 yards. There were some things about the offense that were a bit concerning but it’s one week and he didn’t even play poorly.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, jmoney23 said:

Zeke basically hit his non-ppr projection on the road against one of the best teams in the NFC and a strong front 7 and y’all are complaining? This was probably one of the best defenses they’ll see all year and everyone is acting like he had 15 carries for 28 yards. There were some things about the offense that were a bit concerning but it’s one week and he didn’t even play poorly.

He came close to his PPR projection as well (at least on Yahoo).  Regardless, I agree with everything you said.  His stat line was awful in the first half, but he actually managed to salvage it with a solid second half.

In the end, obviously not a Top 4 pick caliber line, but still a solid one in a week where a lot of games were a mess.

1 hour ago, Pigskingpin said:

The issue is more atrocious play calling than it is the o-line. Garrett and Linehan cannot be canned soon enough. It's a travesty that this team does not call play action and screens more often. With that said, I'm not too worried about Elliott because today is about as low as it can get. 

They face Jax and philly twice but other than that their schedule does look pretty easy. Ok I'll calm down now. 

33 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

He came close to his PPR projection as well (at least on Yahoo).  Regardless, I agree with everything you said.  His stat line was awful in the first half, but he actually managed to salvage it with a solid second half.

In the end, obviously not a Top 4 pick caliber line, but still a solid one in a week where a lot of games were a mess.

It was better than Leveon's...

And DJ's.

And Fournette's.

And Hunt's.

And McCaffrey's.

And Cook's.

And Freeman's.

Zeke will be fine.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Pigskingpin said:

It could get worse but you're right this was a week 1 matchup vs a very good defense and Dak made some awful decisions.  I don't get why the kept rolling Elliot out to the left hand side and then Dak would escape right and run away from his outlet.  Maybe it was coaching but I put a big lump of responsibility on Dak for this one as well and that worries me more than the coaching...

Edited by Flynfiesta6