NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mar/April Closer Thread 2018

12 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

didnt rivero just sign a new 4 year extension?

I don’t think that would stop any moves from happening for too long. Bad business decisions are tough to hide when the guy pitching is the difference between wins & loses.

I’m not touting his downfall. I just play in really deep leagues like I assume most on here do. From what I seen it’s worth some conversation/speculating.

• Like 1
  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rodney  

Anyone have any thoughts on the Milwaukee situation?

Posted Images

Just now, urban2014 said:

Anyone on the Padres who can take the job? 

lol

cant tell if serious

that was on Andy Green.  Hand went 2 IP yesterday, and why on earth do you let Braun hit when there is a lefty on deck

• Like 1

Brad Hand has been a closer for about a year, tops

so?  Its not like hes a first time closer, its not like he didnt go 2 perfect innings yesterday and its not like he didnt just sign an extension, and its not like hes going to lose his job after the first time in his time with the Padres hes given up 5 runs

1 minute ago, Golden Spikes said:

so?  Its not like hes a first time closer, its not like he didnt go 2 perfect innings yesterday and its not like he didnt just sign an extension, and its not like hes going to lose his job after the first time in his time with the Padres hes given up 5 runs

You are acting as he is Kimbrel or Chapman. He is ok...But a few more blow ups like this and he loses the job

You are acting as he is Kimbrel or Chapman. He is ok...But a few more blow ups like this and he loses the job

no im acting like this is his first blown save, and even if he blew 2-3 more in a row, he still is the closer

hes not a guy who is on a short leash

now tomorrow when Yates or someone gets a save op dont come running in here, like you told me so.  Hand will be unavailable tomorrow

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

This one is on Green.

Hand had no business pitching tonight after going 2 yesterday.

1 hour ago, exzacly909 said:

I think the only people that don’t want to talk about Rivero replacements are because they have Rivero shares and feel it’s too dang early to be this screwed.

I fully understand it’s only 2 games into the longest season in pro sports, but dude looked terrible. It echos what he showed in the spring too. 

I have a bid on Kontos in for tomorrow. Would love to stack him and Strickland early on because of this thread. 

As a rivero owner I'm bidding on Kontos as well. 

Rivero flat out doesn't look right and hasn't all spring.  No life on his fastball.

I’ll definitely monitor Kontos... but as a Rivero owner I’m not picking him up after one game. Not many people out there are looking at Kontos this early after the year Rivero had last year. If you get him this early, that’s cool, but that’s going to be a long hold for a set up man... if it even happens.

7 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

I’ll definitely monitor Kontos... but as a Rivero owner I’m not picking him up after one game. Not many people out there are looking at Kontos this early after the year Rivero had last year. If you get him this early, that’s cool, but that’s going to be a long hold for a set up man... if it even happens.

Understood.

I think if something is up with Rivero we'll know within a couple of weeks. 

2 hours ago, thefamily79 said:

Or we find out Rivero has been dealing with some mysterious injury.  I'd rather grab Kontos now and drop him once Rivero puts up a good outings or two.

I personally think it's Feliz eventually, but that's purely speculation. Having both isn't a bad idea if your roster permits.