NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mar/April Closer Thread 2018

ITS CLOSER BY COMMITTEE IN MILWAUKEE.  My God people.  Everyone trying to pick the main guy when there won’t be a main guy.  And that’s coming straight from the manager’s mouth.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rodney  

Anyone have any thoughts on the Milwaukee situation?

Posted Images

Will go back to what I said a few pages ago...Barnes will probably get the first shot.  Would take a chance on him and if he bombs, I don't really want anyone else.  There's a chance the errors give him another crack.  Hader will add valuable innings for your team even if he isn't closing, but chances are he is already owned in your league.  I think Albers and Barnes have the stuff to close most of the time, but there will be games where they'll make you cry yourself to sleep at night.  

8 minutes ago, reichl555 said:

Forgot to post the rest of the quote:  “But we will go with someone else in that spot tomorrow.”

Sounds like you missed on barnes on the WW....relax man. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, reichl555 said:

Forgot to post the rest of the quote:  “But we will go with someone else in that spot tomorrow.”

I’m an owner of none of them passing on info for the board. Not sure this nonsense is necessary. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Kirby Yates just left the game with an injury after one pitch in the 8th. So if you are chasing Brad Hand's handcuff, it might not be Yates depending how serious the injury is. I'd assume Stammen would be the next man up. He struck out the side in the 7th.

18 minutes ago, Sidearmer said:

Kirby Yates just left the game with an injury after one pitch in the 8th. So if you are chasing Brad Hand's handcuff, it might not be Yates depending how serious the injury is. I'd assume Stammen would be the next man up. He struck out the side in the 7th.

What about Makita? He seems like fun.

11 minutes ago, mannymachado said:

Wonder why giles was pulled for devenski?

Wasn't injury related, probably just a matchup. Giles got 2 ground outs prior.

45 minutes ago, Vernon said:

Sounds like you missed on barnes on the WW....relax man. 

Sounds like you picked Barnes over Albers on the WW...relax man. 

Lol, I own neither in any of my leagues. But I do think it's funny to watch the arguments between those who picked up Barnes and those who picked up Albers. 

1 hour ago, reichl555 said:

ITS CLOSER BY COMMITTEE IN MILWAUKEE.  My God people.  Everyone trying to pick the main guy when there won’t be a main guy.  And that’s coming straight from the manager’s mouth.

Because it's so cut and dry all the time. Got it. If Barnes closed that out with no problems he's getting the next opp.