Mar/April Closer Thread 2018

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rodney  

Anyone have any thoughts on the Milwaukee situation?

Posted Images

Brach aided by a comebacker from Judge for a DP followed by auto-out Striketon, but quite a performance by him to escape.

2 minutes ago, Sidearmer said:

This is concerning, but not a death blow unless injury related. Will be interesting if anyone on Diamondbacks twitter picks up on it.

Was around 40 degrees I believe in St. Louis.  Should be a lot easier to find velo pitching in desert.  Luckily his change up is nasty.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, dkrocka said:

Maybe there will be a QR stat. 2 innings of relief with no runs and we can start drafting the Josh haders of the world

Maybe leagues could create a stat that rewards a reliever for coming into the game when his team has the lead, pitching well enough to maintain the lead before handing it off to another bullpen guy. Call it a hold instead of save, because they're holding things in place for the save.

• Like 5
9 minutes ago, street sharks said:

Wasn't Colome really bad last year for a stretch and still didn't lose his job?

yes. end of June into July. he had 5 appearances in a row giving up ER of 2, 3, 2, 1, 2.

around the same time period he had 14 appearances in a row with giving up at least 1 hit, with multiple games of 2 or 3 hits.

Edited by SpecialFNK
  • Like 1
17 minutes ago, kidtwentytwo said:

Astros situation is strange 

As an owner of none of them, I still think Giles ends up leading the team in saves. But I think it’ll be something like 22-25, and you’ll have a few other guys get 5-10. 

2 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

As an owner of none of them, I still think Giles ends up leading the team in saves. But I think it’ll be something like 22-25, and you’ll have a few other guys get 5-10. 

own giles and im really pissed at whats going on

but giles pitched the last 2 days so it could have been a routine day off.  and i agree with your numbers.

sux but its the way it is.

5 hours ago, EmbargoLifted said:

"The Andrew Miller Role" = being a dominant reliever who rarely gets a save opportunity. 

Hopefully arbitration panels and front office pick up on this. Maybe stop paying 5x as much money for guys who got saves and spread that Bullpen money to guys who are elite relievers but not 9th inning guys.  

Must suck to be an Archie Bradley type and know if you pitched the 9th you would have an arbitration case for multiple times more salary. 

42 minutes ago, lavaman said:

Who's next in line?

Romo has the experience but Jose Alvarado has the far greater stuff....If I had to bet I would think he'll get opportunities once Colome is moved.   Jaime Schultz is a dark horse down the line if he can take a step forward with his control....but I would guess it would be Alvarado....The Rays are going to be more inclined to sink or swim with Colome, in order to build up his trade value, until they eventually move him

Just now, Members_Only_76 said:

Pleasac says Janseb is not the same so far this year. I’d agree. 

agree

his location and velocity are bad

is it just a dead arm?  did he just not get the rust off in spring because he didnt pitch much?

Just now, jfazz23 said:

agree

his location and velocity are bad

is it just a dead arm?  did he just not get the rust off in spring because he didnt pitch much?

Looking better against Belt. Might just be easing to start the season. 

Just now, Members_Only_76 said:

Looking better against Belt. Might just be easing to start the season. 

He’s still routinely missing his spots.  Velo is fine, though.

• Like 1