NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mar/April Closer Thread 2018

When's the last time you heard elbow inflammation and thought, hot damn that's great news?  The inflammation is a symptom that's normal after surgery.  It doesn't sound good, but wait a few days or weeks before we declare his career over.  

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rodney  

Anyone have any thoughts on the Milwaukee situation?

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, Sidearmer said:

Addison Reed clean inning. Fernando Rodney struggling.

EDIT: Rodney gets a 5 man IF double play to get out of bases loaded jam.

That's OK, Reed will be cheaper on waivers than he would be if Rodney blew it...  I'm not letting Reed sit out there past the next waiver run though, Rodney is a smoldering coal in a dumpster that just needs a gust of wind to turn into a raging fire.

20 minutes ago, kidtwentytwo said:

When's the last time you heard elbow inflammation and thought, hot damn that's great news?  The inflammation is a symptom that's normal after surgery.  It doesn't sound good, but wait a few days or weeks before we declare his career over.  

I mean, you're more than welcome to wait. Everyone's situations are different. I didn't wait because I have 0 faith he will be healthy this year and my DL slots are used for players I think will end up being valuable. So I just picked up Strickland.

in the phillies closer watch:  Morgan finished the 7th up 3 and gives up a solo HR to lead off 8th.  E Ramos comes in with one out in the 8th up 5-3.  walks the first guy and then throws a wild pitch and then blows the save giving up a single.  not the best way to make a good first impression on your new manager.  safe to say he's probably out of the saves mix for the short term going forward. 

• Like 1
Just now, Sidearmer said:

So far Alex Colome with a save, Jacob Barnes with a save, and Arodys Vizcaino with a W. Other than that your closer probably didn't pitch or did horrible.

My Jeurys Familia in non save laughs at this!  In all seriousness I thought for sure he’d get shelled.  

2 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

My Jeurys Familia in non save laughs at this!  In all seriousness I thought for sure he’d get shelled.  

He looked like his usual self, stuff looking nasty but no idea where it was going.

Just now, Sidearmer said:

He looked like his usual self, stuff looking nasty but no idea where it was going.

Yep, same story with him.  Owners will have to not hit drop button a few times this year when the 4 BB, 3 ER massacre comes rolling in.