NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mar/April Closer Thread 2018

Jeez, Albers stinks. 

Have to think Counsell might just say F it and let Hader close out games starting in the 8th from now on. Eventually it wears on a team to lose so many games in the 8th or 9th inning. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rodney  

Anyone have any thoughts on the Milwaukee situation?

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, absknicks said:

Jeez, Albers stinks. 

Have to think Counsell might just say F it and let Hader close out games starting in the 8th from now on. Eventually it wears on a team to lose so many games in the 8th or 9th inning. 

He pretty much did that yesterday.  That doesn't really work for two days in a row though 

Edited by kittenmittons
34 minutes ago, Low and Away said:

How do you give up a walk-off in the top of the of the 9th? ?

Ok.  You do have me there.

3 minutes ago, swfcdan said:

His stuff is better than Holland now. I can see this sticking with Holland in 8th.

I hope not. :(

9 minutes ago, swfcdan said:

His stuff is better than Holland now. I can see this sticking with Holland in 8th.

Love, 

Every Norris Owner

As someone who owns neither, I find this extremely unlikely. Holland will get his bearings and then close. Unless he just never gets it together. “Better stuff” doesn’t even matter. Often want more flexibility with those guys anyway. 

• Like 1

It's funny.

Last year with LAA everyone completely dismissed Norris and me, being the saves vulture I am, immediately grabbed him hoping to squeeze literally a couple saves out of him. He got me almost 20!

This year, with STL....everyone is completely dismissing Norris and I, once again, am hoping to squeeze a few saves out of the situation! HA.

• Like 5
6 minutes ago, jimbo504 said:

Holland will be closing in no time. He's been scoreless since after his first appearance. They are easing him back in.

Probably, but Holland owners still going to be very nervous if he boofs it next time out. 

25 minutes ago, loro1991 said:

Probably, but Holland owners still going to be very nervous if he boofs it next time out. 

I doubt it unless Holland suddenly starts getting paid much less. Agree with it or not, that gives him a lot of leeway. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, The Dude81 said:

They gotta put Hader in as the closer. It's been a nightmare using Albers or Barnes. Either that or maybe give Jeffress a Crack at it. 

Since his first chance where the infield let him down, Barnes has been very good. I could see him still getting another chance given the other options, especially since everyone other than Hader has dropped the ball as well. I say that as a biased owner though.