NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mar/April Closer Thread 2018

3 minutes ago, herschel said:

Box has blown zero saves, has 12ks in 9ip and a 3:1 k:bb ratio.  I do think zona would be wise to monitor his usage, but I would hardly say he is struggling...  

I am not sure if zero blown saves holds that much weight, though he had an abysmal week.

In 3 games last week he had an ERA of 22.50 and WHIP of 3.50 , that is outrageously bad and if this was shown to me in regards to any closer, i would say that their job is in trouble...

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rodney  

Anyone have any thoughts on the Milwaukee situation?

Posted Images

As a Strickland owner who dropped Melancon (because I think he's done), I believe that if Melancon does come back, he will take over the role. That's a huge if though. A colossal if. Whether he keeps the role if he returns is another story.  I'm just hoping he doesn't return so I don't have to worry about it.

Edited by hangin n wangin
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, screaming_vultures said:

I am not sure if zero blown saves holds that much weight, though he had an abysmal week.

In 3 games last week he had an ERA of 22.50 and WHIP of 3.50 , that is outrageously bad and if this was shown to me in regards to any closer, i would say that their job is in trouble...

agree box falls in the category of most closers nowadays who needs to perform well in order to keep his job.  i think there are only about 5-6 closers who have actual true job security (ie kenley).

8 minutes ago, Redphan said:

That happens to me all of the time in coach pitch T Ball, those kids can hit!

Treinen needs to shake that off..DTD I'd imagine. Is it Casilla just in case?

ummm... isn't that contradictory?  Unless you have the amazing ability to throw the ball from the mound on to the tee.  In that case, I apologize. ;)

• Haha 2