NBC Sports Edge Forums

Anyone drafting this weekend? Buying opportunities from first couple of days?

Anyone else drafting this weekend?

Unfortunately, our league couldn't get everyone together until Saturday.  I know there will be some players that will go lower or higher simply based of their performance in the first couple of games.

Would love to talk about the first couple games as they play out and who could be had cheap or overpriced based on the first few days for a weekend draft.

Jose Martinez and Ian Happ are two players who I really wanted to move up in my failed rankings update. I really like the trends for them to get a lot of playing time. I just made Brandon Nimmo's thread and I'm buying in right now at a non-existent price point. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, taobball said:

Jose Martinez and Ian Happ are two players who I really wanted to move up in my failed rankings update. I really like the trends for them to get a lot of playing time. I just made Brandon Nimmo's thread and I'm buying in right now at a non-existent price point. 

Throw in Jordan Hicks. He will factor in the high leverage opportunities for the Birds if he keeps bringing easy 100-102 gas. 

14 minutes ago, RAZRr1275 said:

Yeah I'm certainly not one but people in his thread seem excited lol

Not true at all. People who like CD like him because he's almost free and might provide a tiny bit of value in the super late rounds.

57 minutes ago, taobball said:

You think Jose is worth a $10-11 bid?  That might be what it takes.  I love him-it's all playing time as everyone knows.

2 minutes ago, 33legend said:

You think Jose is worth a $10-11 bid?  That might be what it takes.  I love him-it's all playing time as everyone knows.

I mean hard to say, but it depends on how much other First Baseman are going for. I like him more than most of the Bell/Bird (pre-injury) and pretty much as much as Bour right now... it might be a bit of an overreaction but honestly I wouldn't have expected him-- even on opening day-- to get the start against a righty like Noah Syndergaard. You have a few more days I believe to see how the playing time works out, but skills wise I think I like him the best even perhaps to Bour. 

6 minutes ago, taobball said:

I mean hard to say, but it depends on how much other First Baseman are going for. I like him more than most of the Bell/Bird (pre-injury) and pretty much as much as Bour right now... it might be a bit of an overreaction but honestly I wouldn't have expected him-- even on opening day-- to get the start against a righty like Noah Syndergaard. You have a few more days I believe to see how the playing time works out, but skills wise I think I like him the best even perhaps to Bour. 

That is exactly where I was thinking of having him was right behind Bour at $12 (We have some inflation with 10 keepers for each team).  Was hoping to get him for $5-6 but sadly I think that could be out the window.