Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Brandon Nimmo 2018 Outlook


taobball

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, 2ndCitySox said:

A NIMMO BOMB! FROM NIMMO ROD!

 

(Not much dumber than the old a-rod call)

I feel like he would use a "Finding Nemo/Nimmo" reference, something like "Nimmo found that one!!!" Or "and Nimmo FINDS one over the RF wall!!!" but he's never shied away from corny catch-phrases 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/25/2018 at 9:24 AM, shakestreet said:

I must be missing something with this Nimmo .. I see numbers and one good number is his OBP. 

The other numbers just don’t cut it ... he doesn’t steal bases, hit homeruns or drive in guys. Now if he continues to bat lead off runs score are nice but the Mets are the Mets. Last or next to last in runs score ...

 

I will pass  

MAN WAS I WRONG 

 

21-58 7BB 15 R 7 HR 12 RBI 4 SB  in 21 games 

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

He cracked being more owned than unowned only two days ago on yahoo 

Public and dead teams counted I'll presume. Furthermore, those numbers are pretty much meaningless after the first couple of weeks as has been pointed out numerous times on the forum.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

He cracked being more owned than unowned only two days ago on yahoo 

 

3 hours ago, Low and Away said:

Public and dead teams counted I'll presume. Furthermore, those numbers are pretty much meaningless after the first couple of weeks as has been pointed out numerous times on the forum.

 

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Low and Away,  so I wouldn't have to be the one pointing this useless % Owned stuff out instead.  Again.  And again.  So appreciate that post.  One day here it will finally dawn on people that % Owned means absolutely totally nothing post Opening Day.

 

I hope last night will prevent any platoon talk about Nimmo ever ever again with the Mets.  They tend to be slow learners but even they must be starting to see he is the real deal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, handyandy86 said:

 

Should have sold high a couple weeks ago while everyone had the chance.

 

I guess if an owner can find a trade partner who believes Nimmo is as good as his numbers have been the last month, then selling high is an option. I don't know any guys who buy into even half of this torrid streak long-term. 

 

I'm just wondering what his line ends up looking like this season. At first, I thought he was a 15-15 guy...then maybe a 20-15...then maybe a 25-15. I guess at this point, I figure he should end up between 20-25 HR for the season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

 

I guess if an owner can find a trade partner who believes Nimmo is as good as his numbers have been the last month, then selling high is an option. I don't know any guys who buy into even half of this torrid streak long-term. 

 

I'm just wondering what his line ends up looking like this season. At first, I thought he was a 15-15 guy...then maybe a 20-15...then maybe a 25-15. I guess at this point, I figure he should end up between 20-25 HR for the season. 

 

(FWIW I think the above was continuing a train of jokes)

 

But I do think he eclipses 20 HRs at this pace with at least 15 SBs. I think the real Q is the BA. Coming into the season and when I made this thread I actually thought he was more of a .260 hitter. He's given me more confidence to think he can hit the ball hard and hit for a better BA, and I don't buy the K% sustaining with his eye and Contact%. So now maybe closer to .270-.275? 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...