NBC Sports Edge Forums

Miguel Andujar 2018 Outlook

Lebanasty

15 minutes ago, rich22 said:

I doubt, he is fantasy relevant this year.   Has too many obstacles in front of him.    He won't play first.   defensive liability at 3B,    Drury, Torres, Trade, in front of him.   I think he is 4th in line.   He will get a few spot starts at DH and 3B

Maybe the Yankees  (I sure hope not) might have another Jesus Montero in Andujar. A great minor league hitter who can’t field 

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Maybe the Yankees  (I sure hope not) might have another Jesus Montero in Andujar. A great minor league hitter who can’t field 

thing is, they don't need another righty hitter, ATM.    We are all set there, for now.   My guess he will be used as a trade chip for an SP

Much like Montero got us Pineda.    

5 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

It really depends on Drury.  Drury has been pretty solid so far, but his batting average has been rapidly dropping.   He also has a couple of errors already at 3B.  If he starts to stink it up then they can send him down and call up Andujar.  Torres is seen as their future 2B so he's notonly ahead of Andujar for 3B.  It will definitely be a bit before Andujar becomes relevant if at all.  Could be traded at the deadline and start for another team but thats a while away.

They signed Neil Walker who is more versatile.  Lind didn't do that great in ST either.

I don’t know .. but I have to believe no way Brandon Drury will be sent to the minors

2 minutes ago, rich22 said:

thing is, they don't need another righty hitter, ATM.    We are all set there, for now.   My guess he will be used as a trade chip for an SP

Well, they chose not to use him as a chip for Cole.  I suppose that could change eventually, but I think they currently view him as almost untouchable.

Just now, shakestreet said:

I don’t know .. but I have to believe no way Brandon Drury will be sent to the minors

almost zero chance Drury gets send down.   

Now that trade was very controversial ...

no team won that trade

the Pin-head Pineda 

Just now, BMcP said:

Well, they chose not to use him as a chip for Cole.  I suppose that could change eventually, but I think they currently view him as almost untouchable.

not quite.  he is very touchable

Just now, shakestreet said:

Now that trade was very controversial ...

no team won that trade

the Pin-head Pineda 

yanks won.   Pineda get us a year and a half.   Montero got them a half, at most

13 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

It really depends on Drury.  Drury has been pretty solid so far, but his batting average has been rapidly dropping.   He also has a couple of errors already at 3B.  If he starts to stink it up then they can send him down and call up Andujar.  Torres is seen as their future 2B so he's notonly ahead of Andujar for 3B.  It will definitely be a bit before Andujar becomes relevant if at all.  Could be traded at the deadline and start for another team but thats a while away.

They signed Neil Walker who is more versatile.  Lind didn't do that great in ST either.

Lind should not have been dependent on Walker.   Once Bird got hurt, Lind should've been next man up.   walker was signed before Bird got hurt

8 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Explain - do you have a source?

same as you.  myself.   huge yankee fan    season tickets since 95.   i'm using common sense.  Andujar has no future on team, unless he improves at 3B.  he is definitely touchable.   I don't need a source.   I'm the source, my common sense is the source

what is your "untouchable" source?    

2 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Explain - do you have a source?

The thing is Cole was coming off a not so great season and Yankees would only get 2 years out of him.  If the Yankees trade Andujar they will need a much better package for him.

4 minutes ago, rich22 said:

Lind should not have been dependent on Walker.   Once Bird got hurt, Lind should've been next man up.   walker was signed before Bird got hurt

Walker was signed before Bird got hurt...and Lind was given his release when Walker was signed.....put it together.  it's not that difficult.  I already explained this to you.

2 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

The thing is Cole was coming off a not so great season and Yankees would only get 2 years out of him.  If the Yankees trade Andujar they will need a much better package for him.

Andujar for Cole would have been meh.   Cole has regressed since 2015, and that was under Ray Searage.  considered the best in the game

3 minutes ago, rich22 said:

same as you.  myself.   huge yankee fan    season tickets since 95.   i'm using common sense.  Andujar has no future on team, unless he improves at 3B.  he is definitely touchable.   I don't need a source.   I'm the source, my common sense is the source

what is your "untouchable" source?    

I also believe Andujar is very touchable... I only see DH in his future . The Yankees would trade Miguel if the offer is right

Just now, rich22 said:

I hate the "what's your source" question.   If you really need a source, just use google

When person A makes a questionable claim, it's not the job of person B to verify the claim.  The burden of proof is on the person making the claim.

This is especially important because we often have people willfully making false claims of injuries, etc. just to troll other members.  We don't as a staff require people to cite every claim they make, but it makes conversations a lot more productive if people support their arguments.

9 minutes ago, rich22 said:

I hate the "what's your source" question.   If you really need a source, just use google

The problem with that in this case is, I did - and didn’t find anything.   You refuted my statement so directly that I thought you must have a source of which I wasn’t aware.  It turns out you didn’t.

2 minutes ago, tonycpsu said:

When person A makes a questionable claim, it's not the job of person B to verify the claim.  The burden of proof is on the person making the claim.

This is especially important because we often have people willfully making false claims of injuries, etc. just to troll other members.  We don't as a staff require people to cite every claim they make, but it makes conversations a lot more productive if people support their arguments.

odd.  I never claimed I stated someone.  Nor did I claim it was a fact.  It's my, very educated, opinion.  Also a VERY obvious one.   Anduar has no position.  please claim why he would be untouchable.  that makes zero sense

Just now, BMcP said:

The problem with that in this case is, I did - and didn’t find anything.   You refuted my statement so directly that I thought you must have a source of which I wasn’t aware.  It turns out you didn’t.

nope.  just common sense.  which is better than any source.  the source is usually someone else's opinion

odd.  I never claimed I stated someone.  Nor did I claim it was a fact.  It's my, very educated, opinion.  Also a VERY obvious one.   Anduar has no position.  please claim why he would be untouchable.  that makes zero sense

“...sources familiar with the discussions told ESPN’s Jerry Crasnick that New York held the line on including prospects Gleyber TorresJustus SheffieldEstevan Florial or Miguel Andujar in any trade, so the Pirates had to shift their attention to other potential targets.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pinstripealley.com/platform/amp/2018/1/14/16889394/yankees-trade-rumors-gerrit-cole-miguel-andujar-gleyber-torres-estevan-florial-justus-sheffield

2 minutes ago, BMcP said:

what was your source?    What is your source for saying they view him as untouchable?

6 minutes ago, BMcP said:

“...sources familiar with the discussions told ESPN’s Jerry Crasnick that New York held the line on including prospects Gleyber TorresJustus SheffieldEstevan Florial or Miguel Andujar in any trade, so the Pirates had to shift their attention to other potential targets.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pinstripealley.com/platform/amp/2018/1/14/16889394/yankees-trade-rumors-gerrit-cole-miguel-andujar-gleyber-torres-estevan-florial-justus-sheffield

lol.  for Cole.   I'd 'hold the line"  for Cole too.   Not trading him for Cole is FAR from assuming he is untouchable.    As a yankee fan I didn't want Cole.   Not for my #5 starter.  Montgomery is better.      Meaning I wouldn't trade Anduar for a #5 SP.  Dude can hit.

Did you really want Cole?

1 minute ago, BMcP said:

That's not what common sense says!

And Andujar clearly has a position, which is where he's starting at today.   Advanced scouts say his defense is ready now and he'll be an average defender.  No comparison to Jesus Montero.

5 minutes ago, rich22 said:

lol.  for Cole.   I'd 'hold the line"  for Cole too.   Not trading him for Cole is FAR from assuming he is untouchable.    As a yankee fan I didn't want Cole.   Not for my #5 starter.  Montgomery is better.      Meaning I wouldn't trade Anduar for a #5 SP.  Dude can hit.

Did you really want Cole?

Did I?  Absolutely.  But regardless of what I think, my point is the facts known to us directly contradict your opinion.  And saying it’s “VERY obvious” that he’s “very touchable” despite the fact that Cashman wasn’t willing to part with him for a pitcher he has been trying to acquire since college really flies in the face of reason.

But having established that this is only your opinion, I can just say that I respectfully disagree with you.

Archived