Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jurickson Profar 2018 Outlook


Fantasy Dork

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He now has a 9 game hitting streak, and has scored 10 Runs in the past 7 games. Meanwhile...

 

https://www.fantasypros.com/mlb/players/jurickson-profar.php

 

PLAYER NEWS
View More News

Jurickson Profar hits a homer in win over the Tigers

Jurickson Profar went 1-for-5 with a homer in a win over the Tigers on Sunday.

Fantasy Impact

Profar now has nine home runs on the season and is hitting .247 with a .326 on-base percentage. Profar does not play every day which makes him only worth owning in deep AL-only fantasy formats.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, inmybag said:

He now has a 9 game hitting streak, and has scored 10 Runs in the past 7 games. Meanwhile...

 

https://www.fantasypros.com/mlb/players/jurickson-profar.php

 

PLAYER NEWS
View More News

Jurickson Profar hits a homer in win over the Tigers

Jurickson Profar went 1-for-5 with a homer in a win over the Tigers on Sunday.

Fantasy Impact

Profar now has nine home runs on the season and is hitting .247 with a .326 on-base percentage. Profar does not play every day which makes him only worth owning in deep AL-only fantasy formats.

 

 

 

 

any experienced/competitive fantasy owner will know that this is a good sign XD. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

It's frustrating that he's not playing every day, but on the bright side he now has 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, and OF eligibility in Yahoo leagues. Talk about a swiss army knife. 

 

In addition he has managed to bring his average up to .250 for the first time since April 23rd after hanging in the .235-.245 range for the bulk of the season. He's also managed to keep his OPS in the .750-.770 range for the past couple months. 

 

He doesn't run often, but he's 8-for-8 in stolen base attempts on the season. 

 

Decent shot at a 15-10 season from a guy who was free and is eligible across the diamond? I'm a happy owner.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mjb03003 said:

It's frustrating that he's not playing every day, but on the bright side he now has 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, and OF eligibility in Yahoo leagues. Talk about a swiss army knife. 

 

In addition he has managed to bring his average up to .250 for the first time since April 23rd after hanging in the .235-.245 range for the bulk of the season. He's also managed to keep his OPS in the .750-.770 range for the past couple months. 

 

He doesn't run often, but he's 8-for-8 in stolen base attempts on the season. 

 

Decent shot at a 15-10 season from a guy who was free and is eligible across the diamond? I'm a happy owner.

 

I am really interested to see what happens in the next few days regarding trades. I have owned him in the past and the frustrating thing is his playing time. Seems to have no rhyme or reason, too hard to predict when he’ll get in a game. If a spot opens up I would really like to see what he can do it full-time at bat. Probably a good time to buy right now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2BB's and 1 hit today. that 10-pitch at bat which lead to a BB was pure gold to watch. kid is getting the hang of it now..

 

 

also, I'm starting to get actual trade offers for this guy in a 16-teamer keeper.

 

not any big names flying around 'yet', but I guess Profar is now creeping into that category as a legit 'keepable' asset rather than just a streamer.

 

will wait and see what he becomes in the next few weeks.

 

it may be wishful thinking, but the kid might actually fulfill his potential some day, MAYBE that 'some day' could be sooner than we all think :D

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jhsong916 said:

2BB's and 1 hit today. that 10-pitch at bat which lead to a BB was pure gold to watch. kid is getting the hang of it now..

 

 

also, I'm starting to get actual trade offers for this guy in a 16-teamer keeper.

 

not any big names flying around 'yet', but I guess Profar is now creeping into that category as a legit 'keepable' asset rather than just a streamer.

 

will wait and see what he becomes in the next few weeks.

 

it may be wishful thinking, but the kid might actually fulfill his potential some day, MAYBE that 'some day' could be sooner than we all think :D

 

 

 

Some day = 2019.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, metropolitans said:

How do you bench him after having such a big game lastnight? Makes no sense at all

 

17 hours ago, RTW10 said:

Stupidity 

 

17 hours ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

Criminally mismanaged by the organization. He's probably itching to be traded.

 

So @$%^*(ing annoying.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...