Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

2018 Rotoworld Mock Real League


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, boltup15 said:

 

I just don’t see how his role changes. They may have signed Blount and Kerryon, but he’s still the third down catch up back unless the fourth rb on the roster takes that role. Maybe Kerryon takes more third down work than I expect and that would be the downside case. 

 

Yeah I was more concerned with Kerryon than Blount 

 

I like Riddick, maybe the rookie brought him down on everyone’s board. Could be a huge steal 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taken out of context, this sounds like backroom chatter on the dark web that should land at least 4 people in jail, 5 if you count me for reading it.   And now it's time for me to come in an

These are the debates I wish this group would have after every pick.  Far more to learn here than dredging through the trash can threads on the regular forum.

how is that parker video more than 15 seconds long?

Just now, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

 

Yeah I was more concerned with Kerryon than Blount 

 

I like Riddick, maybe the rookie brought him down on everyone’s board. Could be a huge steal 

 

I wouldn’t say huge steal but solid value. Would strongly prefer him in 1 ppr rather than 0.5 ppr

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Theo Riddick sucks.

 

He's NEVER averaged 4 YPC in any season.  He's never had more than 6 TDs.

 

The best case scenario is maybe 55 receptions, 750 total yards, and 5-6 TDs.  If he could do better than that, he would have much more of a role.  He's spent 5 years in Detroit, and Detroit might have legitimately had the worst rushing attack in the league during that time (there was a stat last year that Ezekiel Elliott has more 100+ yard games than Matthew Stafford has gotten from his RBs in his entire career, and I think the last 100 yard rusher for Detroit is Reggie Bush or something).

 

If Theo Riddick could be good, he would have been good by now.

 

Edit: Yes, Reggie Bush had the last 100+ yard rushing day for Detroit on Thanksgiving in 2013!

 

http://www.espn.com/blog/detroit-lions/post/_/id/32184/four-long-years-the-drought-of-the-detroit-lions-and-a-100-yard-running-back

Edited by ZidaneValor
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ZidaneValor said:

I think Theo Riddick sucks.

 

He's NEVER averaged 4 YPC in any season.  He's never had more than 6 TDs.

 

The best case scenario is maybe 55 receptions, 750 total yards, and 5-6 TDs.  If he could do better than that, he would have much more of a role.  He's spent 5 years in Detroit, and Detroit might have legitimately had the worst rushing attack in the league during that time (there was a stat last year that Ezekiel Elliott has more 100+ yard games than Matthew Stafford has gotten from his RBs in his entire career, and I think the last 100 yard rusher for Detroit is Reggie Bush or something).

 

If Theo Riddick could be good, he would have been good by now.

 

He does suck - as a “running back” 

 

PPR dump offs usually lead to RB2 / flex production - not bad for his usual cheap price 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

 

He does suck - as a “running back” 

 

PPR dump offs usually lead to RB2 / flex production - not bad for his usual cheap price 

 

Is it even good for a flex though?

 

Let's give him the max projection: 60 catches, 750 total yards, 6 TDs.  Those would all be career highs.  That's 141 fantasy points.  That would have put Theo Riddick in 62nd place last season among WRT.  Even if I was generous and gave him 7 TDs, that 147 fantasy points bumps him to 54th place.

 

Whoopty-doo.

 

I'm not burning a draft pick on someone who's ceiling is not even Top-50 Flex.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, boltup15 said:

 

I just don’t see how his role changes. They may have signed Blount and Kerryon, but he’s still the third down catch up back unless the fourth rb on the roster takes that role. Maybe Kerryon takes more third down work than I expect and that would be the downside case. 

 

If the Lions blew a top 50 pick on a RB and he ends up in some kind of bizarre timeshare with Blount AND Riddick, the GM screwed up their draft.

 

Then again Ameer was pick 54 so who knows.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Iron-cock said:

 

If the Lions blew a top 50 pick on a RB and he ends up in some kind of bizarre timeshare with Blount AND Riddick, the GM screwed up their draft.

 

Then again Ameer was pick 54 so who knows.

 

 

 

Agreed, I think Blount slowly gets phased out, but I can’t see them giving Kerryon that much third down work even though he looked pretty solid at it in Auburn, nothing like Riddick though unfortunately. Targeting Kerryon aggressively in dynasty though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ZidaneValor said:

 

Is it even good for a flex though?

 

Let's give him the max projection: 60 catches, 750 total yards, 6 TDs.  Those would all be career highs.  That's 141 fantasy points.  That would have put Theo Riddick in 62nd place last season among WRT.  Even if I was generous and gave him 7 TDs, that 147 fantasy points bumps him to 54th place.

 

Whoopty-doo.

 

I'm not burning a draft pick on someone who's ceiling is not even Top-50 Flex.

 

He had like 4 startable games last year, two were when Tion Green was the other RB.

 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RiddTh00/fantasy/2017/

 

He'll have his start-able weeks, good luck guessing them.  He's probably fine as a flex in a league this deep, esp during bye weeks.  He's not a sproles or woodhead (at least not yet).  I'd rather have upside, but opinions will differ.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ZidaneValor said:

 

Is it even good for a flex though?

 

Let's give him the max projection: 60 catches, 750 total yards, 6 TDs.  Those would all be career highs.  That's 141 fantasy points.  That would have put Theo Riddick in 62nd place last season among WRT.  Even if I was generous and gave him 7 TDs, that 147 fantasy points bumps him to 54th place.

 

Whoopty-doo.

 

I'm not burning a draft pick on someone who's ceiling is not even Top-50 Flex.

 

at RB - in a deep PPR league - he’s a decent pick at this price because he’s a decent plug in / “RB3” if you will.

 

i Don’t even like Riddick that much, just saying there have been worse picks ...Riddick not gonna win you the league / not gonna lose it for you either at his price 

 

if kerryon takes on 3rd down work, Riddick becomes droppable. We’re all throwing darts at this point (although I am pretty psyched I got Parker/Lockett so late) ... 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn’t Riddick the RB10 a few years ago in 1ppr?  I’m not suggesting he’s going to repeat that in his current situation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

 

at RB - in a deep PPR league - he’s a decent pick at this price because he’s a decent plug in / “RB3” if you will.

 

i Don’t even like Riddick that much, just saying there have been worse picks ...Riddick not gonna win you the league / not gonna lose it for you either at his price 

 

if kerryon takes on 3rd down work, Riddick becomes droppable. We’re all throwing darts at this point (although I am pretty psyched I got Parker/Lockett so late) ... 

 

 

 

I do agree that's you can't really have a "bad" pick once you get to the 140s.

 

However, Theo Riddick sucks.  I'd much rather have a guy like Austin Ekeler, who I know I can't start while Melvin Gordon is healthy, but is also one Melvin Gordon tweak from being a Top-12 RB for a couple weeks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

He'll have his start-able weeks, good luck guessing them.  He's probably fine as a flex in a league this deep, esp during bye weeks.  He's not a sproles or woodhead (at least not yet).  I'd rather have upside, but opinions will differ.

 

Agreed, it’s a debate on upside vs a boring flex in Riddick who does have decent upside in the case of injuries to the two down backs. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ZidaneValor said:

However, Theo Riddick sucks.  I'd much rather have a guy like Austin Ekeler, who I know I can't start while Melvin Gordon is healthy, but is also one Melvin Gordon tweak from being a Top-12 RB for a couple weeks.

 

Debatable on Ekeler. I can’t see him becoming a top 12 rb due to a Gordon injury. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, boltup15 said:

 

Debatable on Ekeler. I can’t see him becoming a top 12 rb due to a Gordon injury. 

 

I personally like the guy.  He looked good in the limited snaps he had last year, he had 28 catches despite Gordon having 55 himself, and the only other RBs on the roster are a practice squad guy and a 7th round compensatory rookie from this past draft.

 

I think if Gordon goes down (not wishing that on him), Ekeler immediately becomes THE guy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ZidaneValor said:

However, Theo Riddick sucks.  I'd much rather have a guy like Austin Ekeler,

 

Lets not talk about players that haven't been drafted yet.

 

^^^Disregard that. lol

Edited by Iron-cock
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mrblonde1984 said:

 

He was drafted by Zidane

 

Hah, totally didn't think he was taken yet.  I probably should have checked.  My bad Zidane.

Edited by Iron-cock
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...