NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

some many games so far be like  

True. 6 Ks through 2 IP just not gonna cut it.

Just now, kittenmittons said:

Junis seems to be pitching well without the Ks tonight. Espn has him for 5 hit batters through 4 innings.  I'm assuming that isn't right... 

I believe it's at 3 hit batters, but I might have missed one. His slider isn't sliding. No bite to his breaking stuff today. 

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, AnonymousRob said:

He's now hit 3 batters. His stuff isn't really there today but it's seemingly pretty cold so that could be why. 

He's hit 3 batters because the movement on his pitches is insane.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, jdbob11 said:

He's hit 3 batters because the movement on his pitches is insane.

I shouldn't have said his stuff isn't moving. It's not moving in a controlled manner. 

I thought he was expected to be a bit more in tune with his stuff than he's shown today. Maybe I'm wrong and he's a wild guy normally. Otherwise I'm chalking this up to just an off day for whatever reason. Albeit an off day with awesome results. 

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Cain and Martinez both lifted from game after minor collision at first.  Both look like turned ankles...... Don't think either is very serious but damn, Martinez is a butcher, even at first.

Great, more Monday injuries for me.

4 minutes ago, Nickdoggmoneycash said:

3 HBP, 2 BB, 0 H. Interesting line so far

Is his stuff that unhittable right now? When I see a line like that, my first assumption is that the ball is flying everywhere (explaining the shaky control but lack of hits). 

2 minutes ago, Stallion said:

Is his stuff that unhittable right now? When I see a line like that, my first assumption is that the ball is flying everywhere (explaining the shaky control but lack of hits). 

Haven't been watching, sorry. I'm assuming he's pitching very erratically and it'll catch up to him sooner or later. Not sure though. 

3 minutes ago, Stallion said:

Hard to hit it when it hits you I guess. lol.

9 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Cain and Martinez both lifted from game after minor collision at first.  Both look like turned ankles...... Don't think either is very serious but damn, Martinez is a butcher, even at first.

I hope you’re right that both are minor as they’re both on my team! Ugh. 

Martinez needs some defensive coaching!

lots of ground balls today..he hasn't really been throwing his breaking ball for strikes, but he has been painting the fastball on the corners nicely.  I'd say he's gotten some luck today though as there has been some hard hit balls right at people.

• Like 1