NBC Sports EDGE Forums

trading for Ohtani the batter...damn Yahoo

larfboy

In a typical 5x5 standard dynasty league, what is a good offer for Ohtani the batter(effing yahoo)? I drafted the Ohtani the pitcher with my #1 and didnt' think much of the batter but now he's got me thinking twice. The batter still went #5 overall in the rookie draft so i am sure he is expecting a nice offer. Some notable trade pieces i have that are active at the moment...Corey Seager, Bellinger, Moncada, Jose Berrios, Aaron Nola, Frank Barreto, Nomar Mazara, Jose Peraza, Mitch Keller, Alex Reyes. 

I have a bunch of NA top prospects as well such as: Acuna, Vlad Jr, Kopech, Buehler, Kyle Tucker, Brendan Rodgers etc...however i am not sure if he is interested in any NA prospects. What would you give up for Ohtani the batter out of the list of players i listed, Active and NA.Thanks in advance!

His hitting value is pretty high right now, so I can't see the guy accepting anything less than someone like Nola. I'd probably wait until he cools off then offer up someone with good single-year value. I can't see a guy dealing Ohtani unless they're getting really good one-year value or similar/greater keeper value.

I was ready to drop him today, but I sent out a few offers and the owner of Lamb quickly accepted.  Ohtani's value is reduced significantly because he is not playing the day before, the day of, and the day after his start.  So best case looks like he hits 3 days and then rests 3 days (around 80 games/year).  My bench can't handle that.

I wouldnt trade for him. Given his hot start, the fact that he may not get regular ABs, will also lose ABs during interleague play - all reasons to be on the sell high side 

Help me please?

Edited by sharpee

43 minutes ago, sharpee said:

I wouldnt trade for him. Given his hot start, the fact that he may not get regular ABs, will also lose ABs during interleague play - all reasons to be on the sell high side 

Help me please?

He will play in the OF during those inter league games, he played there while in Japan.