NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Kingery or Kinsler ROS?

Olliemets

I think if Kinsler stays healthy he will have bigger numbers for the year, but Kingery obviously has a higher ceiling with better positional eligibility.
Kinsler will be batting leadoff in front of guys like Trout, Upton, Pujols, and Calhoun, so as long as his OBP is as consistently solid as it has been in the past, he should be scoring a lot of runs with plenty of at bats.
Only go with Kingery if you really want to place your bets on him breaking out, and even then you still may be able to get some value out of trading him away because of his name and the excitement that he mustered when he was called up.

• Like 1

I am high on Kingery as well & do like his multiple positions, but right now, I would go with Ian. Much better team & you know in later innings, teams are not going to pitch around him, in order to face Trout.

And with Moncada having a slow start, think I would definitely go with Kinsler, instead of having 2 guys at 2B, who you hope to break out. Good luck & thanks for mine!

• Like 1

Kinsler over both!! Rather have kinsler in the long run than moncada and his low avg and ton of Ks... And kingery isn't even an everyday player yet, as of this year. Moncada hasn't even tried running yet. Not 1 SB. Kinsler you know will give you atleast 14 SB and he has pop for atleast 20 HR, with decent avg.

i was on the same boat. Dropped moncada, having both kinsler and cozart in the FA. Cozart is similar to kingery in terms of elig. Versatility, but he is an everyday player.