Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

By “drafts” did you mean “my one draft,” because Tanaka’s ADP was 83, Price’s was 96. https://www.fantasypros.com/mlb/adp/sp.php   Facts are important.

Franchy bomb

I appreciated Perdomo's strategy of throwing his glove at Nolan and running towards his bench. Smart man. 

Just now, Backdoor Slider said:

This is the 2nd time in this thread you’ve been factually challenged. 

Not sure what you’re watching. Kelly manhandles him pretty good

https://twitter.com/mikecolenesn/status/984249881001975809?s=21

 

lol at that awful video. Is that the only video you've seen of it?  Austin got pulled down from behind by the Sox catcher.  He fell and Kelly jumped on his back along with 1 or 2 other Sox players. Austin got right back up and Kelly was covering up quickly when that happened.  Easy to jump on someone when they're on the ground though.  You seem to really agree with acts of cowardice.  Hmmm....

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chubbles said:

This isn’t MMA, nobody cares who is more badass guys

It's not even close.  If Austin went toe to toe with Kelly then Kelly would be put in the hospital.

 

But that doesn't matter, what matters is Kelly is a complete coward throwing 98 at another players ribs for really no reason.  Completely uncalled for.  Red Sox start these brawls in what seems like every year at Fenway.  Anyone that condones that behavior is nothing but a despicable coward themselves.

Edited by MrBrown
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chubbles said:

This isn’t MMA, nobody cares who is more badass guys

 

Clearly mBrown does. Back to baseball, I'm really looking forward to tomorrow night's game. Although it's a slim chance there is still a little time for the Sox to make this a game  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

This is the 2nd time in this thread you’ve been factually challenged. 

Not sure what you’re watching. Kelly manhandles him pretty good

https://twitter.com/mikecolenesn/status/984249881001975809?s=21

 

I have been watching NESN.... I have no idea how you can even say Kelly manhandle anybody. A pile of bodies kinda hard too a damn thing. After the fight was over Austin did have a split lip, Kelly’s Jersey was barely on 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

I’m no Red Sox fans, but Yankees homers are the worst. 

Joe Kelly was protecting his teammate. Nothing dirty. 

Joe Kelly says “Let’s go” and bloodies Austin’s lip.

 

Sox in the right here, and Sox win the fight.

 

And the most major upside to all of this is that Joe Kelly finally showed some control and hit his spot.  B)

 

BTW kudos to Aaron Judge for acting the peacemaker.  The Red Sox announcers mentioned several times his actions to stop the fight.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

I’m no Red Sox fans, but Yankees homers are the worst. 

Joe Kelly was protecting his teammate. Nothing dirty. 

Joe Kelly says “Let’s go” and bloodies Austin’s lip.

 

Sox in the right here, and Sox win the fight.

I see it as joe Kelly was the punk ... but at least he hadthe spunk 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no respect for any coward that thinks the "right thing" is hitting a defenseless hitter with a 98 MPH fastball in the ribs.  Especially for no good reason.  That's a despicable and bitter loser as I've said before.

Edited by MrBrown
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

 

And the most major upside to all of this is that Joe Kelly finally showed some control and hit his spot.  B)

 

BTW kudos to Aaron Judge for acting the peacemaker.  The Red Sox announcers mentioned several times his actions to stop the fight.

 

Stanton was also in on this peacemaker. Making sure no Yankee player could get to Joe Kelly 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Austin's slide wasn't intentional, but it's easy to understand why the Red Sox might've felt it was. If you watch the replay, his leg just came out awkwardly and happened to catch Holt. You want to drill him for that? Fine. But then he has a right to run out to the mound. And he did. 

 

Nothing wrong with a good brawl every once in a while. Props to Judge for diffusing it as he could've easily seriously injured Kelly and about 5 other Red Sox had he chosen to do so. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

Still bitter about last year when Miggy got beat up after starting a fight for no reason?? Hahah

 

Protecting his teammate?  There was nothing wrong with Austin's slide and it is an act of cowardice to throw 98 at someone ribs for that.  Only a coward would agree with that cowardly act.

 

Also, Kelly's lip was bloodied not the other way around.  Typical bitter Yankee hater.

 

Yikes

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, absknicks said:

Austin's slide wasn't intentional, but it's easy to understand why the Red Sox might've felt it was. If you watch the replay, his leg just came out awkwardly and happened to catch Holt. You want to drill him for that? Fine. But then he has a right to run out to the mound. And he did. 

 

Nothing wrong with a good brawl every once in a while. Props to Judge for diffusing it as he could've easily seriously injured Kelly and about 5 other Red Sox had he chosen to do so. 

No its not fine to drill a player with a 98MPH fastball in the ribs.  That's completely unacceptable and cannot be tolerated.  He should've been thrown out of the game right away which I don't think the ump did.

 

There was nothing wrong with Austin's slide.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BostonCajun said:

Ok you're kind of beating a dead horse now. We know what your opinion is on this already so there's no need to keep repeating yourself. 

They're facts to any decent human being and anyone who has played the game at a competitive level.  There are some exceptions for the people who have played at a competitive level though, its usually a punk pitcher that knows they don't have to stand in that box defenseless getting thrown at by 98 MPH fastballs.

Edited by MrBrown
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

I have no respect for any coward that thinks the "right thing" is hitting a defenseless hitter with a 98 MPH fastball in the ribs.  Especially for no good reason.  That's a despicable and bitter loser as I've said before.

 

It is the unwritten rule of baseball that a pitcher has to stand up for his guys no matter what the situation.  Been that way since the 1800's.  Dumb rule but it is never going away so what the heck is your problem with your endless repeated posts here?

 

If you want to rage against something rage against this most stupid of all the dumb "unwritten rules" of baseball.  Not for pitcher number 1,842,531 or something like that following it.

 

Also fact checks:  Austin has a bloody lip.  And Kelly hit his arm, not his ribs.  Be glad that a pitcher with terrible control actually hit what he intended to hit.  It wasn't a cheap head hunter pitch.  If that had been the case I'd be 100% with you but it wasn't.  Just a dumb following the unwritten rules pitch. 

 

And if it was as bad as you painted it Judge and Stanton wouldn't have been saving Kelly which was exactly what they were doing.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

 

Also fact checks:  Austin has a bloody lip.  And Kelly hit his arm, not his ribs.  Be glad that a pitcher with terrible control actually hit what he intended to hit.  It wasn't a cheap head hunter pitch.  If that had been the case I'd be 100% with you but it wasn't.  Just a dumb following the unwritten rules pitch.

You're actually telling me he was aiming for Austin's arm?  That's actually what you're saying?

 

And "protecting your players" doesn't exactly apply here.  Going back to the 1800s a slide like Austin's is as common as it comes.  Nothing wrong with it at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...