NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

By “drafts” did you mean “my one draft,” because Tanaka’s ADP was 83, Price’s was 96. https://www.fantasypros.com/mlb/adp/sp.php   Facts are important.

Franchy bomb

I appreciated Perdomo's strategy of throwing his glove at Nolan and running towards his bench. Smart man. 

1 minute ago, Fenamo said:

I appreciated Perdomo's strategy of throwing his glove at Nolan and running towards his bench. Smart man. 

I always get a good chuckle when the pitcher throws his glove like it's going to have some effect on the charging batter. 

9 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

I always get a good chuckle when the pitcher throws his glove like it's going to have some effect on the charging batter. 

I do feel like it's a bit sending a mixed signal right? I mean you're trying to be tough and a badass and intimidate a guy and then you throw your glove and run. doesn't seem too intimidating. 

Idk. Look, i'm the first person to say you should always walk away from a fight. I just think it's extra disrespectful to throw a 95 MPH object towards someone's head and then not stand in front of them and run away. Sorry Perdomo, you deserved to get punched in the face. 

1 minute ago, taobball said:

I do feel like it's a bit sending a mixed signal right? I mean you're trying to be tough and a badass and intimidate a guy and then you throw your glove and run. doesn't seem too intimidating. 

Idk. Look, i'm the first person to say you should always walk away from a fight. I just think it's extra disrespectful to throw a 95 MPH object towards someone's head and then not stand in front of them and run away. Sorry Perdomo, you deserved to get punched in the face. 

Got to hand it to Perdomo though. That first duck and cover maneuver was nice. 

1 minute ago, klove42 said:

Got to hand it to Perdomo though. That first duck and cover maneuver was nice. 

Oh I agree. I just have lost my patience entirely with this silly game of hitting people, and when it gets dangerous I really get annoyed by pitchers. I think knocking a guy with a 78 MPH pitch in his back is silly, but I think throwing 95 as someone's head is ******** stupid. And while in no circumstance do I condone Nolan, I certainly understand someone trying to literally end your career potentially and taking that as a bit of an offense. 

22 minutes ago, taobball said:

fwiw it wasn't even near his head, it was numbers high behind his back

so it appears when Marquez hit Renfroe (who last night hit a game winning homer) both teams were warned.  I am not sure why Marquez was tossed though after the brawl, and I don't know why Ellis was either

and the Padres felt that Margot hbp that cracked his ribs was a purpose pitch as well

then followed it up with drilling Renfroe today, which i haven't seen yet, yah I am going after Arenado at that point too

Edited by Golden Spikes
12 minutes ago, roscobangs said:

He owns and started Minter is my guess.

Yeah but a HLD is his no matter what happens after he leaves the game.

A HLD does not depend on a pitcher's team winning the game.

Someone doesn't know the rules.

----

And an ugly win for Rodney but I will take it and run.

Edited by papasmurf