NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mark Reynolds 2018 Outlook

Outlook?  The magic 8-ball says 'cloudy'.

I would not touch him.  His home-road splits say it all.  I'm sure this is more a depth move, with Eaton hurt and forcing them to play Adams in the OF, with  Reynolds as an insurance policy should something happen to Zimmerman between now and the time Eaton gets back.   

• tonycpsu changed the title to Mark Reynolds 2018 Outlook
  • 5 weeks later...

I think the doctrine of "if he hits, he will play" applies here, so I'm adding where I need power and have a disposable player at the end of my roster.  It's not like Andrew Stevenson's bat demands playing time, and Matt Adams has cooled off in the last week.  Things will get a lot more complicated when Goodwin and/or Murphy come back, and being on the weak side of the 1B platoon isn't ideal, but at least in 12+ teamers, I think you need to see where this goes given the insane runs he's been able to string together in the past.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, tonycpsu said:

I think the doctrine of "if he hits, he will play" applies here, so I'm adding where I need power and have a disposable player at the end of my roster.  It's not like Andrew Stevenson's bat demands playing time, and Matt Adams has cooled off in the last week.  Things will get a lot more complicated when Goodwin and/or Murphy come back, and being on the weak side of the 1B platoon isn't ideal, but at least in 12+ teamers, I think you need to see where this goes given the insane runs he's been able to string together in the past.

+1

On ‎2018‎-‎05‎-‎22 at 1:19 AM, radioflyer9 said:

He’s crushing and on one of his hot streaks. Just scooped him up and gonna ride it till it runs out. But if he keeps mashing then I can see him staying at 1st base and hitting 4 or 5 in this great lineup 

So what's the take when Zimmerman comes back, likely early next week?  I can't imagine Zimmerman sits and Reynolds takes the everyday job and they also have Adams.  I do see a platoon of sorts, though both Reynolds and Zim bat right-handed. Curious to see how this plays out.

• 1 month later...

Just picked him up today since I needed a 1B and... BOOM!  He just hit his 2nd HR of the game.

4-4, 2 HR's, and 8 RBI's...  When's the next lefty the Nationals are going to face? :D

And now he just tied Anthony Rendon for the Nationals' franchise record of 10 RBI's in a game...

5-5, 3 Runs, 2 HR's, 10 RBI's.  I don't think he'll get up again, so that should be his final line.