NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Go Darvish, Rodriguez, Montgomery, Stroman, and Clevinger. Darvish needs his first win today.   

f--- Yu

Keeping an eye on:    I absolutely love Mike Clevinger. 3rd Start today at home v. Jays.    Andrew Heaney's Return from the DL   Luke Weaver v. Tyler Mahle could be an un

Damn.  Rough ending for Weaver.  I would probably equally frustrated having a pitcher pulled who is cruising, but just sucks knowing that he could have not pitched at all this inning and ended with a lower whip and era while having no change to his other stats.

1 minute ago, jdbob11 said:

Castillo

Stroman

McCullers

Mahle

Two aces and two number 2's with pathetic performances this week. 

It seems your expectations might have been a bit ambitious if that's how you see those players. 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

It seems your expectations might have been a bit ambitious if that's how you see those players. 

You think Homer Bailey or Morton/Cole are better?  Hell even Keuchel isnt as good as McCullers anymore. Also must not have watched Stroman pitch last year.

Edited by jdbob11
Just now, jdbob11 said:

You think Homer Bailey or Morton/Cole are better?  Hell even Keuchel isnt as good as McCullers anymore

Those pitchers have nothing to do with your previous statement. 

Or were you meaning to discuss real life ace and remove the fantasy portion of this discussion? I perhaps misunderstood your intent. 

3 minutes ago, jdbob11 said:

You think Homer Bailey or Morton/Cole are better?  Hell even Keuchel isnt as good as McCullers anymore. Also must not have watched Stroman pitch last year.

Cole is better than McCullers and it isn't close.

Shoot even Morton is debatable. 

Edited by Dirtywater97
Just now, AnonymousRob said:

Those pitchers have nothing to do with your previous statement. 

Or were you meaning to discuss real life ace and remove the fantasy portion of this discussion? I perhaps misunderstood your intent. 

Castillo 9+ k/9 and a 3.12 ERA with filthy movement in his rookie campaign - ACE.  ****s--- bed against two cake matchups

Stroman - 3.09 ERA and over 200  innings  - ACE - **** the bed against a cake and very good match up the last two games

Only one you can argue is Mahle being the number 2 of that staff which he is.  His stuff is good enough he shouldnt be struggling against the Pirates or Cardinals.

McCullers is unequivocally a #2 and borderline Ace who has also not taken advantage of a cake matchup and got destroyed by a middle of the road team.

4 minutes ago, Dirtywater97 said:

Cole is better than McCullers and it isn't close.

Shoot even Morton is debatable. 

Ill take McCullers any day over a guy who gave up 31 Hrs last year and has an AVG ERA over 4 the past two seasons.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, jdbob11 said:

Castillo 9+ k/9 and a 3.12 ERA with filthy movement in his rookie campaign - ACE.  ****s--- bed against two cake matchups

Stroman - 3.09 ERA and over 200  innings  - ACE - **** the bed against a cake and very good match up the last two games

Only one you can argue is Mahle being the number 2 of that staff which he is.  His stuff is good enough he shouldnt be struggling against the Pirates or Cardinals.

McCullers is unequivocally a #2 and borderline Ace who has also not taken advantage of a cake matchup and got destroyed by a middle of the road team.

I'm confused. Are you discussing fantasy or real life? Either way you're still being a bit optimistic to label them as you did, but I'm not sure which angle you're attempting to argue, and this post didn't answer my previous question.

Just now, Dirtywater97 said:

Tell me, what was McCullers ERA again last year?

4.25 (due to injury).  3.22 the previous 2 with more K's than innings pitched.  3.88 and 4.25 for Cole last 2 years, less than 9 k per 9 and I already mentioned the Hr's

• 96mnc locked this topic