NBC Sports Edge Forums

4 minutes ago, jdbob11 said:

4.25 (due to injury).  3.22 the previous 2 with more K's than innings pitched.  3.88 and 4.25 for Cole last 2 years, less than 9 k per 9 and I already mentioned the Hr's

Are you forgetting the part where he pitched 81 innings in 2016 and 118 in 2017? Okay then....

Secondly turn on the game and watch Cole pitch right now and tell me if he looks like that.

Edited by Dirtywater97
  • Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Go Darvish, Rodriguez, Montgomery, Stroman, and Clevinger. Darvish needs his first win today.   

f--- Yu

Keeping an eye on:    I absolutely love Mike Clevinger. 3rd Start today at home v. Jays.    Andrew Heaney's Return from the DL   Luke Weaver v. Tyler Mahle could be an un

Calling guys "aces" just because they're the supposed #1 on their pitching staff is whats getting you in trouble.  Even calling them #2's.  Using "ace" or "#2" in this context is irrelevant.  Those guys are mostly backend starters other than Stroman.

1 minute ago, AnonymousRob said:

I'm confused. Are you discussing fantasy or real life? Either way you're still being a bit optimistic to label them as you did, but I'm not sure which angle you're attempting to argue, and this post didn't answer my previous question.

Yes real life (and fantasy).  Obviously in fantasy you can have multiple aces on your team.  I have 5.

2 minutes ago, Dirtywater97 said:

Are you forgetting the part where he pitched 81 innings in 2016 and 118 in 2017? Okay then....

Young guys are always on a leash when they first come up.  Cole was as well.  McCullers still has better stats first two years than Cole.  Supports my argument even more. 

5 minutes ago, jdbob11 said:

Castillo and McCullers back end?  I live in CO where pot is legal and I bet I cant get better stuff than what youre smoking!  Pass it on over LOL

Both are unproven ML starters.  So yea they have frontend upside but that's yet to be seen from either of them.

Edited by MrBrown
1 minute ago, jdbob11 said:

Yes real life (and fantasy).  Obviously in fantasy you can have multiple aces on your team.  I have 5.

From a real life perspective I can see where you're coming from. Stroman is definitely the ace of his rotation. Castillo could become their ace and though I think it's a bit early to label him the rotation's ace, they don't exactly have a lot of options to choose from. 

From a fantasy perspective I don't think any of them remotely qualify as aces. I'm very intrigued by several of them (heck, Castillo is on my keepers) and can easily envision some - if not all - becoming aces at some point down the road. But right now? I can't possibly see how you consider any of them to be fantasy aces, either in what they've done this year or what they were expected to do this year. 

What's your definition of ace? Perhaps we're just going to disagree over that definition. To me, I have a pretty short list. Maybe your list of pitching studs is pretty vast.

48 minutes ago, jdbob11 said:

Ill take McCullers any day over a guy who gave up 31 Hrs last year and has an AVG ERA over 4 the past two seasons.

Really? I can't fathom.  

Cole's moving up my rankings FAST. No way in HELL I would McCullers over Cole. Not even close. 

• Like 3
  • 96mnc locked this topic