NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there's a ton to watch today:  Chatwood O/U 3.5 BBs (x2)   Danny Duffy showing signs that he can survive his deteriorating FB.    SHO-DAY NO SNOW-DAY. 13-2 v. 13-3?

I believe that after today, HanRam should gain 1B eligibility on ESPN.  

Corbin is the truth. 

1 minute ago, Blood Brother said:

Ohtani has no feel for either of his secondary pitches in this one. Gonna be a short evening for him and hopefully he can gut out 5 innings with minimum damage

It's tough to watch.  Some of these pitches aren't anywhere close to the plate.

And then fact that the umpire isn't giving him anything close is compounding it.

6 minutes ago, Blood Brother said:

Ohtani has no feel for either of his secondary pitches in this one. Gonna be a short evening for him and hopefully he can gut out 5 innings with minimum damage

I don't think he's had a feel for his slider all year honestly. 

Kinda kicking myself now for hedging on Price +154 vs. Ohtani instead of going strong on it.

It's still early innings so things may change here. But regardless of the outcome, Price +154 is a moneyline we probably won't see ROS or even close.

Just now, BostonCajun said:

Umpires tend to not give a guy close pitches when he’s erratic and not in control

of his stuff like he is tonight. 

Which is dumb.  But a couple were clearly in the strike zone.  Not even "close"

• Like 2

66 pitches through 2 innings for Ohtani.  The Red Sox have changed their hitting approach this year to be super aggressive under Alex Cora and they no longer work pitch counts.  But Ohtani's sliders just bounce in the dirt so far.  So they are forcing him to throw his fastball to them old Sox school style.  Other teams are going to be noticing this too when they face him.  He needs to get control of that slider asap because the hitters are adapting.

They also mentioned his first two starts were both against the A's so I guess this is his first outing against a real MLB team (cough).

FYI, I must admit I learned something from Johnny Gomes in the booth tonight.  He said the ace of his team when he played in Japan has so far thrown in games with 163 pitches in one and 130 something in the next this current season.  That in Japan they absolutely totally do NOT believe in pitch counts.  Ohtani will have a hard time getting used to pitch counts here then.

Wow they pulled Ohtani between innings.  Ohtani out after only 2 innings.  Reliever in for the Angels to start the 3rd.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

Ohtani wasn't close with the splitter and slider tonight. The splitter was bouncing well before the plate, it never looked like a strike. The slider was all over. I think he even threw a curve tonightWhen he's good the splitter looks like a strike until it falls off the table, the slider has been an inconsistent show me pitch but still has good movement. Bad outing but he will be alright 

Edited by evillaw4eva